Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what seems like an eternity to find and then get the money sorted i have finally picked up my v6 4mo.(has anybody been through the hassle of getting a loan now the new money laundering laws are in...............don't hold your breath).

I apologise for using the advertisers photos and will post some of my own later maybe when i get my 18s fitted again in the better weather.

Let me know what you think especially on the interior side of things as i am unsure as to whether to go down the alloy trim route or leave well alone. Will be doing the steering wheel and pedals etc but unsure of the rest................opinions please

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Car has come with sports suspension and grey leather recaros,zenons and the dsp sound system

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I also spy optional 17" LBs there, nice spec! Good choice, reminds me
of the day I picked my V6 up - driving back up North to Uni, I couldn't
believe it was actually my car! Fantastic engine note and an alround good car IMO. Highly underated.

[:p]

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice motor, I had a look at that car aswell. If im right you had it from volkswizard?

Got stupidly high spec for the money!

Mart

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Let me know what you think especially on the interior side of things as i am unsure as to whether to go down the alloy trim route or leave well alone. Will be doing the steering wheel and pedals etc but unsure of the rest................opinions please
Great looking car... looks like the an identical spec to my brothers black Bora V6 4 Motion (RS BORA)

Interior trim.... I would go for the Alloy trim as that will go very well with the grey interior and the sport dials.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Lovely car mate! Bet it sounds awesome if my Bora V5 is anything to go by. Loving the leather too... What is that unit above your gamma?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Great looking car... looks like the an identical spec to my brothers black Bora V6 4 Motion (RS BORA)

Interior trim.... I would go for the Alloy trim as that will go very well with the grey interior and the sport dials.
Whoops missed that question - sorry... I'm with Kev, ally trim looks good (and personally it must be said I hate that woody trim), sure pics can be dug out if needs be [:)]

C

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
What is that unit above your gamma?
It's the DSP system Mark, stands for Digital Sound Processor and you get the dash control unit, uprated speakers all round and an amp in the boot, gives you sound effect settings like 'Rock' 'Pop' 'Jazz' etc..

I have it in my Bora, but took the dash unit out to fit the Sat nav... [:)]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
What is that unit above your gamma?
It's the DSP system Mark, stands for Digital Sound Processor and you get the dash control unit, uprated speakers all round and an amp in the boot, gives you sound effect settings like 'Rock' 'Pop' 'Jazz' etc..

I have it in my Bora, but took the dash unit out to fit the Sat nav... [:)]
I didn't know you had that Beddie? Is it any good?

Nice motor by the way mate but I would definately loose the wood, it was the first thing that went on my Bora, just spoils the whole interior IMO.

The LB's look great when the car has been lowered, there are a lot of Boras on VW-Vortex running those rims with a little lowering!!

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
No, I WILL have the wheels if he's selling them!

I've been looking for over a year now and have a Bora! Its there spiritual home after all[:p]

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments guys, i am extremely pleased with it so far, I just hope it doesn't cost the earth to keep running although it is a car for "best", and won't get used for work etc.

As for you guys squabling over the rims i intend to keep them for winter use as my 18s(same as on NOSAJs golf) will only be for the summer use.Lowering will be a must but not just yet.

Somouk (mart) yes that is the one from volkswizard.........charming guy to do business with.Changed the fans and got all things put right.

Rye yes mate does sound nice but my old V5 with induction kit sounded better.Think the V6 may sound as good with a kit though but want to look into supercharging a bit more before deciding what to do.

As for the DSP system. I'm told it is more powerful than standard but i'm not one for real loud music but the quality does sound better and its like having a pre set graphic equiliser in the car.

Once again thanks for the comments and thanks to shaq who did a rush job photo shop alloy interior for me the other night to give me a rough idea. I think you guys have all helped me make up my mind[:D]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.