Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my ways to my Bike ride this morning, traveling up the A42 when an A4 came up behind me fast, I was doing about 95mph, so I thought I'd press on,& dropped down in to 5th, then up to 6th at 120, but I couldn't shake him, got to 130mph & I had to let him pass, he just kept pulling away, at an unreal pace.[:O]

It was just a regular 1.8T, basic looking too. Must have been remaped I think.[?]

What do you think ????

Certanly made me 110% want a remap, jabba here I come[:)]

So come on folks, lets get the gb sorted.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A guy on seatcupra.net has a 1.8T A4 that has been remapped by AMD and has had a Milltek system fitted.

Running about 250bhp with 4WD [:O]

·
Registered
131 Posts
in all due respect when u r nearly maxed out in a pd 150 remapped or not u havent got the same poke as a petrol driven ...i mean they r up in the rev range where we cant go ...u should have slowed down then got in the right rev range and then slam the gas down and smoked him ..lol.mind u if u had kept following u could have tooted him upo when he was filling up 30 miles later[:D]sorry u petrol boys

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Budgie, he was on his Bike.

Quote: posted by Chris on 03/10/2004 20:19:01

Well, the 'regular' 1.8T on the latest A4's is in fact 190bhp standard....

I found it incredibly boring to drive though, preffered the diesel - they sounded the same but at least one gets 50MPG. The 1.8T sounded boring and was boring to drive in A4 form, I was really dissapointed. I am waiting for the 3.2 (replacing the 3.0) in the facelifted model - in the A3 it was much better (though still a bit docile) so should improve things.

If it was the old shape, probably a tweaked 1.8T or S4...?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 04/10/2004 10:13:17

Budgie, he was on his Bike.

He was 'on his way' to ride his Bike, not on his bike! [:D]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I paraphrase 'prof' Royster.....

".......foxy's chipped PD130 could have my R32 in stock trim, apparent on our way back from the midlands meet....."

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Having witnessed a Revo'd 130 against an R32..... it really isn't a close affair at all. Almost instantly the R would pull away in any gear and continue to pull away. Im pretty sure the only time they were even was when the 130 started off in 3rd, and the R in 5th!

But we dont all drive in straight lines anyway..... the R kicks *** on twisties [:D]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by dc on 04/10/2004 12:31:52

Neither are R32's[:D]

Maybe not your Corgi model sitting on your bedroom table[:eek:)][:D]

·
Registered
990 Posts
Quote: posted by Doc on 04/10/2004 13:19:15

Maybe not your Corgi model sitting on your bedroom table[:eek:)][:D]

Just like your's then I suppose.

Someone I know had a '32 for a couple of months and we did a comparison test against my car on a few occasions, with both of us driving the other's car. On various B roads, dual carriageways and the M8, there was very little in it until speeds in excess of 120 where the big V6 just romps ahead. However the diesel has the upperhand in the midrange.

A remapped 150pd with sorted brakes and suspension (arb's included) can easily live with an R32 (in the dry of course).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts