Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically need the web site I'm creating at the moment to be the best of the best in terms of patient services. Were really trying hard on this one as even with our current site, we get 1000 visits a month, and thats not hits! Unique visits. Over 300 repeats each month via it etc.

So, myself and a doc were racking our brains today when going through it and couldnt think of anything else we could offer the patients via the web site. I.e. something they can do from home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week etc.

We can't do appointments, so thats out of the window.

However, the thing is, as were not patients, and we work there we can't think of what patients might want or find useful. We can't ask the patients, because if we then don't offer what they suggest for whatever reason, they wont be happy, so were stuck.

Can you guy's think of anything else you could do online, or that you would find useful?
http://www.dartmedical.co.uk/new/toolbox_index.shtml

This is obviously just the toolbox area which is basically the interactive area. Half the website dont work yet, half of it does before anyone tells me!

I know I have done a similar post before, but this is pretty crucial for me and the docs as we could get an award and a substational cash sum for it! I get some of that if we succeed!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Hate to say it but appointments are what I'd want as a poorly punter.

Can't you implement a system of provisional appointments whereby a poorly punter can book online and your peeps phone up or e-mail to either confirm or revise the time/date ?

What about repeat prescription requests ? And e-mails saying that the prescription is ready ?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
cant give appointments ... but you could put a calendar up with the
most slack times so people can aim to have appointments then.....

howabout request appointments for none medical treatment or
chargeable services such as medical checks for certain licenses,
and passprot photo signing , thes must annoy doctors at peak
times.

Request vaccinations for travel abroad... or check if there needed before a appointment is wasted...

book a scheduled blood test with the nurse.

Set Email/SMS reminders for people with apointments... this may
cost to do ... but imagine receiving an SMS reminder for an
apointment... I am sure it would cut down on missed apointments and
thus costs

The list really is endless.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Set Email/SMS reminders for people with apointments... this may
cost to do ... but imagine receiving an SMS reminder for an
apointment... I am sure it would cut down on missed apointments and
thus costs
I get SMS messages for my local hospital, a day or two before the appointment - it really is superb as somebody who is rubbish at keeping them

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Appointments is do-able, but would cost too much much to implement at the moment. Basically would have to get access to the appointment system database and link the web site to this.

As were advanced booking, i.e. book on the day, e-maling for them would be useless. With the phone the receptionist can tell you when your appointment it, i.e. in the next 20 mins if thats ok. With e-mail I would have to make them appointment, then e-mail them back, for them to tell me their having their hair done at that time, or bowling, so it's no good...and so it goes on.

Repeat prescriptions, travel vaccination advice, all already there.

The doc's here don't hold appointments to sign stuff, you drop it off, they sign it, you pay and pick it up.

CTP, you say the list goes on, I can't think of anything else, this is why i was asking you guys!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
CTP, you say the list goes on, I can't think of anything else, this is why i was asking you guys!
Not me Guv, that was Mr Mac.

Sounds like your place is like that one off the telly, Doc Martins or whatever, a nice rural(ish) practice with not to many people.

Where I live, it is impossibly busy and is very difficult to get seen. The biggest single thing I think that can be done to improve things, certainly where I live, is to provide evening appointments for those of us that work. For many it is not possible to pop in during the day as a lot of us obviously work to far or to long away to attend during their lunch. So calling up on the day if your 50 miles or two hours away can be a bit tricky and pre booking could be better.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL quite the opposite. The busiest surgery in the South Hams (which has 33 surgeries in it). Being in Dartmouth, you have all the retired, retired generally need more care. Go over Torbay, the age range is different completely and its more mums and prams.

Funniest thing was we had a hard wearing carpet put down. Within 2 years, you could see the matting underneath the carpet and there was a trail to the reception desk, worn completely through. And that was that really hard wearing stuff!

This is why we try hard with the web site. We haven't got the space for everyone in the surgery. It's just overcrowded....say's he sitting with the whole top floor to himself with 5 rooms! [:D]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Dont know how useful or expensive it would be, but how about something like an online BNF database.

Maybe not as detailed, or maybe just for common drugs - I'm thinking in case people lose them little instruction things that come with them with side effects and dosage and stuff on. Or some might just be nosy about what a drug is for that their friend is on!!

Oh yeah - and just where is the uk-mkivs link Ejo???? [*-)]

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Funniest thing was we had a hard wearing carpet put down.
Nothing funny about that.

He was a good carpet, he didn't have to die.

Did you have to take it to the vets ?

Or to the rug doctor ? [:p]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is was actually a she. They wear down easier. There was no choice, have to have her put down. Some carpet doctor came along with some duct tape, but it just prolonged the pain. [:(]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I done a few surgery web sites now, so know how they are used, when they are used, who they are used by etc.

Some surgeries will just sit back, do the minimum of work, do only what they have to do to continue in the NHS and reap all the rewards.

Some however will go one step further and try and do everything they can to make the patient experience better.

As to the above poster, that really is poor! I've been asked so many times for quotes that never come through, apart from the few I have done. The practice managers for the surgeries I have done them for are usually on the ball. They get asked by other managers 'how much did your site cost, its excellent'. The manager tells them and the other manager goes 'oh, well we got a student who said he will do it for free or for 50 quid. They go with the 50 quid option, and thats what you end up with!

Put that next to my 1-2k, who looks better?! Me, or 50 quid bloke! 50 quid bloke 95% of the time wins!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Leave her alone!! [:mad:]

Who's the other hottie?!?

Brain, he's a poser, but one of those real good looker blokes! Model type. Funnily enough, all the young girls go to see him, its so funny! Examine my bumps doctor....lucky bar.....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts