Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon,

Well as said in the other thread, with the brilliant weather today I got chance to give the car a bit of the Meguiars treatment and went up for a drive with my Sister on some back roads and got chance to get some nice shots of my new wheels. Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I think this picture says it all:

Posted Image

Just need to slam her now!

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Tom

·
Registered
418 Posts
they do look sweet alloys you not lowered it yet then? Im having Eibach fitted next month i'll stick some pic's up when done but im on 17"s at the moment

Chris

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate thanks.

Coilovers are getting fitted Monday or Tuesday depending on when my Cousin is available.[:D]

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts

I'd like to see a picture of one side of your car to see to see the wheels properly, seems they look good anyways

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
The last pic really makes them wheels look stunning the lowering will
transform the look of your car mate looking forward to seeing the pics
now.

Sat

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

I was tempted to wait until i'd lowered the car until I posted pics but I just couldn't help myself!

Not long now, got a few extra touches to do also and i'll be virtually done with the exterior.[:)]

Thanks again
Tom

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
btw what tyres did you get with them?

Chris
They are just some budget Federals at the moment, but new set of Eagle F1's should be finding themselves wrapped around the titanium glory of the wheels shortly.[:D]

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
What size are these wheels and tyres? Also where did u get them from and how much?

I got a black 2.0 GT mk5 golf, so finally good to see someone post a pic of these wheels on the car.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are 18" with 225/40/R18 tyres. Cost me just under ?650 including balancing, tyres, new bolts and VW centre caps, which, in my opinion is an absolute bargain.

Tom

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it still clean thou Tom?
Hahaha, yesterday I went over to Leeds and it got absolutely filthy on the motorway! Funny you should say that.

Just cleaned it again now though.[:D]

Tom

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tom

I was just about to ask for a pic request of these on a standard golf, as I fancy some for my 1.9 TDi. Apart from the looks, which are brilliant, how is the ride comfort, and is there much difference to handling/feel. I moved to the Golf because the last few BM's I've had have been pretty hard over bumps, whereas the Golf is much more compliant - dont want to compromise this too much, but I also love those wheels.

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts