Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's watching the big game tonight?? What are your predictions??

I'm hoping for a 4-0 thrashing of Barcelona, then my nerves will be able to settle down around the 89th minute[:S]

Seriously, I just hope the boys play the way that they are capable off. If they do, then they will beat Barca.

------------------------------------------

COME ON ARSENAL!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would love the gunners to win but lets be fair... This is barcelona.

I have a feeling arsenal are going to have their pants pulled down.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Id have to say as much as I want Arsenal to win, Barca will score in about the 30th minute, Arsenal will come back to
1-1 about the 80th minute, it will go to extra time but Barca will score. Theres a prediction for you ;)

But mon the Gunners, Henry's a legend....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
This scouser would love Arsenal to win..

Liverpool won it last year so why not Arsenal this year.

Arsenal win 2-1.[Y]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Very sad really but I think it was the right result.
Its just a shame that Henry had left his shooting boots at home.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Another day of gridlock when they wheel themselves around in their dumbass open top double decker bus.

It's the same cup people have won for years - why start running around in a bus??

Congrats to Arsenal... But it's still a sad old world out there [:cool:]

C

·
Registered
779 Posts
Must say i  was wanting Arsenal to win,but Henry should be ashamed of himself for that interview he give at the end,he was proper bitter about getting beat.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Another day of gridlock when they wheel themselves around in their dumbass open top double decker bus.

It's the same cup people have won for years - why start running around in a bus??

C
LOL @ Chris, you'll only have to worry about the traffic gridlock if ya line in Barcelona mate....[:p]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts

C
LOL @ Chris, you'll only have to worry about the traffic gridlock if ya line in Barcelona mate....[:p]
Didn't know it had finished - or the result (can you tell I'm not that bothered by it all?? [;)])

As John and John both had 2-1 up for arsenal I think i thought that was the result... Never mind [A]

My comments still stand though, be hell in Barcelona anyway [:D] [;)]

C

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
If arsenal actually held on to the ball they might have got somewhere. Difference was, arsenal would hold back and let Barcelona right down the pitch. As soon as arsenal had it, some barcelona player dives in to whip if off them and then the same thing happens again.

I was getting more annoyed at aresnal for never having the ball than anything else.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But I do believe it was 10 against 11 for 70 minutes, am I correct!!!!!!

As as Thierry said, I do believe the ref had a Barcelona shirt on!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt the referee ruined what could have been a classic Champions League Final.

GUTTED!!!!![:(][:(]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Im not a massive football fan, but i have been following arsenal since the age I was going to primary school!

I thought seriously arsenal could have done better. As soon as the ball was up in barcelona's area, there was only one arsenal player. All the rest seems to scared to move off their own goal line. Therefore, 1-0 and they were never going to get anything more, just spend 60 mins defending, and as soon as they had defended, giving barcelona the ball back to defend against again.

I mean what was going on. Keeper saved the ball, keeper belts it back to barcelona, comes back tdown, keeper gets the balls, belts it back to barcelona....etc etc.

Shame Henry missed that goal that would have put them 2-0 though. I'm sure they would have got more chances like that if some of the players actually moved past the midfield line.

Lets not forget, the only reason we got a goal was from a foul that the ref called which wasn't actually a foul, and we scored from that free kick which shouldnt have been a free kick in the first place!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I'm not a massive football fan,
It shows. 10 men against probably the world best club team for 70 minutes, I am surprised they held out for so long. The referee was not a Barca Boy he was just rubbish, he got it wrong both ways, the free kit for Campbells goal should have been a Yellow card for diving!

I cannot believe the rubbish being spouted by the ITV pundits, especially Venables who would not shut up. OK, the ref should have played advantage, but Lemann would still have been given a red, its the rules.

I think Arsenal did themselves proud, but it will be the last time Henry plays for them.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
It shows.
Does it?! [:$] Am I talking rubbish!? lol.

Just thought they could have held onto the ball more, especially when they did get it, i.e keeper had saved. Why boot it straight back to barcalona straight away instead of playing it up the field a bit? if there is some reason and it's over my head I will gladly sit here and admit I'm wrong!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
It shows.
Does it?! [:$] Am I talking rubbish!? lol.

Just thought they could have held onto the ball more, especially when they did get it, i.e keeper had saved. Why boot it straight back to barcalona straight away instead of playing it up the field a bit? if there is some reason and it's over my head I will gladly sit here and admit I'm wrong!
[:D] You rose to the bait!

Honestly I think Arsenal did everything they could. They were dead on their feet, if the keeper played a short ball it would put Arsenal under pressure straight away, one minor mistake and they could have shipped a goal. The big punt up the pitch is not pretty, but you have a chance of getting it directly to your best player with him having a run at the defence which relives pressure and has a small chance of getting another goal. Arsenal are very very good at defending so IMO it was the right thing to do. i saw nothing wrong with Arsenals tactics.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The moaning from Wenger, Henry & some pundits is a joke.

1. Arsenal were lucky to not be 1-0 down when their goalie got sent off. Ref was perfectly within his rights to do both.

2. Arsenal were luck to be 1-0 up as it was a blatant dive by their man that led to their goal.

3. Moaning about the first Barca goal being off-side was nonsense. It looked in-line to me, hence on-side. The linesman would never have been able to call it off-side.

So, the ref got things wrong for both teams, if anything Arsenal benefitted most from his decisions.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Speaking of Henry actually.... An image clicky for you (fairly work safe, HOWEVER does have the F word in large writing which is the reason I can't post it on here [;)]) about Henry changing clubs [;)]

Image Clicky Here

C

1 - 20 of 22 Posts