Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW have got to rank right up there with Mercedes for the worst customer service on earth - in the UK at least. They've always had a pompous level of self importance but theyve got even worse...

Went to my local to get some pictures of the CSL in the window. Its in an isolated room as you can see, so I asked the staff if it would be ok to get an interior shot (its got carbon fibre door cards and things, very interesting). But nooo, 'Security Reasons Sir'.

I suppose its possible I could hot wire a car with no fuel in it, while a sales person stands next to me, and drive it through the window, across a 3 ft ditch and towards the main road. Erm, right.

It also ignores the fact they know me very well, and I have ordered a Mini One, a 520i and a 530i Sport through them...you dont get this treatment at Mclaren in Park Lane.

BMW really should learn to be more helpful, customers are not something they are going to see often once the new 5er is introduced September 18th...

Rant Over, heres some admitedly shabby pictures of a real life, jet black M3 CSL. If you arent familiar, its one of 500, and its got a CF roof, bonnet, bootlid and CF interior, with most of the luxuries stripped out.

These pics dont do the wheels justice, they truly are stunning. This car is so much more attractive than a normal M3- rather than looking fat and overweight, it looks toned and modern. Love it, shame its £58,000...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
782 Posts
[BMW bashing mode on]

Dont belive the hype......

Auto car tested it and had the same 0-60 times

£18,000 extra over a M3 and only 18bhp extra. Oh and a carbon roof (like ive always wanted one of them)

A BMW dealer i know thinks that in 2 years time they will be worth no more than a standard M3.

As for the dealers being so arrogant, thats because there drivers are [:p][B)]

[/bmw bashing mode off]

·
Registered
8 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Wish

[BMW bashing mode on]

Dont belive the hype......

Auto car tested it and had the same 0-60 times

£18,000 extra over a M3 and only 18bhp extra. Oh and a carbon roof (like ive always wanted one of them)

A BMW dealer i know thinks that in 2 years time they will be worth no more than a standard M3.

As for the dealers being so arrogant, thats because there drivers are [:p][B)]

[/bmw bashing mode off]
Could not have put it better myself...

Read the 4 car review to see what a compromised motor this thing is:

http://www.channel4.com/apps26/4car/jsp/main.jsp?lnk=220&pageid=5736

Personally, I can think of far far better ways to spend £58 grand...

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:

[BMW bashing mode on]
Can always rely on Wish cant ya [;)]. Im at least being objective, Im the first to admit BMW dealers are awful. But their drivers are no more arrogant and you know that; in fact, Ive always found my local VW dealer unhelpful and snobish...come on mate, be nice!

0-60 may be similar but from what Ive seen its significantly quicker around the track; 10 secs quicker at the 'Ring.

The CF pannels are to reduce weight and are quite a technical achievement, as apparently its not been possible to 'mass produce', albeit in limited numbers, such a thing before.

If they arent worth more than a stock M3 in 2 years, horray for us! Its prettier and used, Id buy one. Very like the E36 M3 LTW - a racing focused version of the car, a bit different and limited. But agreed, its not worth a 20k premium.

STILL nice though

·
Registered
47 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Mikedav

quote:

[BMW bashing mode on]
Can always rely on Wish cant ya [;)]. Im at least being objective, Im the first to admit BMW dealers are awful. But their drivers are no more arrogant and you know that; in fact, Ive always found my local VW dealer unhelpful and snobish...
Well said, Mike (from an ex BMW driver).

[;)]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always enjoy talking to Wish about BMWs though just because he hates them with such a passion! Thing is I agree this cars a waste if money...but I like it [;)]

·
Registered
782 Posts
The only BMW i would own is a 3.0d Sport X5 but there still silly money.

Its never anything personal mike its like you say im not a keen BMW fan, But each to there own and i respect that (well sometimes) Just dont expect me to let you out of a side road in a BMW (Im childish like that)

Each to there own .... and all that. At the end of the day it would be a boring world if we all owned VW's

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quote:

mike its like you say im not a keen BMW fan, But each to there own and i respect that (well sometimes) Just dont expect me to let you out of a side road in a BMW (Im childish like that)
LOL!

I know, its all in good humour

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tobmob Id agree with that, of all the dealersIve dealt with Audi have been by far the best...though the Audi guy I used to deal with sells Ferraris now

·
Registered
737 Posts
Mikedav,

I have to agree with Wish on this issue..I don't understand your quote about BMWs" But their drivers are no more arrogant and you know that". I have always found BMW drivers the worst by a mile especially 3 series coupes/convertibles. I actually like BMWs and have considered buying one but the main issue that puts me off is being associated with other BMW drivers. Unfortunately I see BMW are heading down a dead-end...the dealers(also the worst) could probably afford to be arrogant as the cars always sold themselves but what is going on with the new models?..new 7, new 5 and Z4..the designs are getting worse. As for £58K for that M3 when you can buy a well specced R32 for less than half that!!

Matt

·
Registered
194 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Thos

Anyone got the figures as to what the weight difference actually is ? bhp per ton ?
For anyone interested:

M3 Coupe - 1570kg - 343bhp - 218bhp per ton

M3 Coupe CSL - 1385kg - 360bhp - 260bhp per ton

·
Registered
176 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by CarlT

I'll get my coat then chaps ![:p]
Look you've offended CarlT.[:O]

Not all 3 series coupe drivers are arrogant......I use to go onto BMWmag forum and most people on there seemed very friendly and polite.

Its probably the non petrolheaded ones that are arrogant, who haven't got a clue about cars and just buying into the badge.

·
Registered
798 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by matt747

Mikedav,

I have to agree with Wish on this issue..I don't understand your quote about BMWs" But their drivers are no more arrogant and you know that". I have always found BMW drivers the worst by a mile especially 3 series coupes/convertibles. I actually like BMWs and have considered buying one but the main issue that puts me off is being associated with other BMW drivers. Unfortunately I see BMW are heading down a dead-end...the dealers(also the worst) could probably afford to be arrogant as the cars always sold themselves but what is going on with the new models?..new 7, new 5 and Z4..the designs are getting worse. As for £58K for that M3 when you can buy a well specced R32 for less than half that!!

Matt
R32 is nice, but hardly in the same league as an M3, as for the price, I think my 58k would be spent on something from Stuttgart.

·
Registered
176 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by spencert

quote:

Originally posted by matt747

Mikedav,

Matt
R32 is nice, but hardly in the same league as an M3, as for the price, I think my 58k would be spent on something from Stuttgart.
I second that...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.