Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not talking people driving around suburban roads with their front fogs on as thought they've just come off stage 4 of the UK rally, I'm talking slow drivers that put on their rear fogs at the slightest hint of mist!!!

So you end up driving around behind them in well lit streets being blinded by their lovely bright fog lights [:mad:] Why?!?! I can see a car five cars ahead with no problem so why don't you turn them off!!!!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i can't stand the idiot chavs that drive round with their front foglights on when they "cruise"what's the point? they drive around on side lights with fog lights on,when quite clearly,the dipped beam should be used,and gives out a far greater range of light ahead of the car, as opposed to the fog lights more concentrated,yet shorter range fog lights! perhaps it explains why so many saxos and corsa's get front ended!they can't see where they are going at night!!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Flashed a white van, in front of me this morning, because his rear fog lights were blinding me, and he stopped in a lay by, presumably to see what was wrong. Doh!!!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just think it reflects a lot of the problems with the general standard of driving on the roads and the lack of understanding people have for their actions, or lack of them.

Foggy, I'll stick on my rear fog light, not foggy, I'll stick on my front fog lights.

Need to park on this red route/double yellows I'll put on my hazard lights.

Need to turn right in 15 miles time, I'll sit in the fast lane.

Need to annoy everyone behind you, I'll do 40 where ever I am, whatever the limit. [:mad:]

Let's do the country a favour, let's all buy someone a Highway Code for Christmas!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i also notice a lot of the time it tends to be bmw owners with their angel eyes on, driving with their foglamps on so everyone can see their angel eyes, without  using dipped beam to let everyone know they have angel eyes! wow!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I had to stop in a layby last night................

So I could actually figure out how to switch the fogs on, shows how often I use them, haha

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Saw an old MK3 Cavalier with just his side lights on this morning. Looked like he had two candles in there. I flashed him but he took no notice[:mad:] Probably 'cause he couldn't see me!!!

GOOF

·
Registered
873 Posts
the fog near me is soooo bad right now its actually dangerous to drive in it because you can only see about 10 yards in front of the car. Worrying thing is that people are driving with sidelights or no lights at all and i can see oncoming cars until they appear next to me for a few seconds. Nearly pulled out of my drive into a Mitsubishi warrior this morning cos it came flying down my road with no lights on.

Great fun!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Need to park on this red route/double yellows I'll put on my hazard lights.

Need to turn right in 15 miles time, I'll sit in the fast lane.

Need to annoy everyone behind you, I'll do 40 where ever I am, whatever the limit. [:mad:]

Let's do the country a favour, let's all buy someone a Highway Code for Christmas!
All of them, class quotes.. although if i may just edit one slightly ..

Need to annoy everyone behind you, I'll do 40 where ever I am, whatever the limit.- then when an ideal overtake situation happens, ill speed up, making it interesting for the poor guy whos been stuck behind me for 30miles trying to get in front.

Honestly, people who are unsure about driving on roads and need to take it easy, thats good, and i support you in that, just please, PLEASE dont start getting all agro and speed up when someone who IS sure about driving wants to get in front of you.

If you COULD have gone from 26mph to the speed limit of 60, why didnt you just do that in the first place?!?!?!

one more type of person that irritates me.. your driving along, making good progress, someone in a left side turning sees you, but pulls out fast, THEN stops in the middle of the road cos they wanna do the Immediate RIGHT.!

AARRRHGHGFHGHGHHGHGH!

</rant>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
i also notice a lot of the time it tends to be bmw owners with their angel eyes on, driving with their foglamps on so everyone can see their angel eyes, without using dipped beam to let everyone know they have angel eyes! wow!!
I had an X5 behind me on the M42 this morning, Xenons blasting away & fogs burning my neck, feckin nob, no rear fogs on mind you [:S]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yup, as someone said its just the general standard of driving you see on the roads these days, it seems the vast majority just do not know how to use lights!

There's the chav brigade with either nothing or sidelights on and the obligatory front fogs - even in daylight.

There's the idiots who put rear fogs on at the slightest hint of a bit of mist anytime in the next 3 weeks, and they stay on until it's sunny again.

Then there's always the real numpty's who dont even realise they haven't got any lights on at all.

Then there's the "Ooh, what are indicators for again?" crowd!

This last one honestly makes my blood boil, why is it so hard to undestand how to use indicators properly!!!!

They either dont use them at all, and everyone else on the road has to guess where they're going, or just all stop and let them go 'cos you don't know what they going to do next.

And why oh why can they not use them properly at roundabouts, traffic would surely flow a bit better if everyone indicated properly and you knew if you could pull out or not. Its the idiots that dont indicate at all and just go on their merry way round the roundabout oblivious of everyone else, or they just plain indicate the wrong way to where they're going.

Of course, some do indicate......after they've turned off!! - What's the point? I can see where you've gone now, there's no need to indicate after you turned, do it before you turn, you &^*!%$? fool [:mad:]

I really wish non use or improper use of indicators was an endorsable offence, get all the inconsiderate fools off the road!

OK, rant over.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
and whilst we are ranting on about bad driving,etc....what about the pratts that are on the inside lane(slow lane) on an approach to a roundabout,yet turn right,or worse still,go right round it, as i have seen performed before! or what about the drivers that feel compelled to sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway at 40 mph,only to turn right at the roundabout,that is not even within eyesight!what's all that about????

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The last two posts are soo right.

Indicators: Your'e stuck in the middle lane overtaking slow traffic with a constant stream of cars in the fast lane so you have no where to go. But oh! the car in the slow lane needs to pull out so they think 'My indicator is on so that means I can pull out immediatley without looking it's up to everyone to get out of my way'

Roundabouts: we have a roundabout near my house two lanes come down into it you can only go left, or right into single lanes as exits. So why do people come down in the left hand lane to go right,, grrrr[:mad:] Then look at you as though you are so in the wrong for being in the right hand lane to go right....arrrrgghhhh

Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Look folks, its like this;

Rear fog lights are present in a car to be used, so at the slightest hint of fog/mist/rain, they should be turned on.

Side lights are cool to use in pitch black conditions as it gives a stealthy look. Matched with front fog lights, this becomes very cool.

Sometimes indicators can give away your next move, so it is best practice to choose when and where to use them.

Seatbelts are dangerous. I know at least 5 people that would have been killed in a car crash if they had their seatbelt on.

It is often best practice to get in to the right lane as soon as you enter a road as slow vehicles use the left lane. By getting in to the "fast" or right lane, it saves time and effort to look in the mirror, indicate and move over further down the road. Best get it out the way as soon as you get on that dual carriageway.

[:p]

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I think Benn130TDI has a much more pressing point

INDICATORS

People who dont use them. People who are indicating right and turn left, presumably because they are too simple to concentrate of driving and work the indicators at the same time to let people know where they are going.

Incorrect or imcompetent use of indicators really should carry and endorseable fine.

Really does get my goat...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i'm afraid it just boils down to people are becoming increasingly ignorant about other road users!i have just come home after picking up some shopping,and just as i was coming down the road i live in,i flashed a driver to allow them through the gap between parked cars,and they didn't even acknowledge me!do you know why?cos the stupid cow was too busy on her mobile phone!had i have known before letting her through,i'd have just driven through the vacant gap myself!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts