Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a qestion in the MK IV Section, just woundering if you MK V owners have problems changing gear with the arm rest??

I ordered one on my replacement for the long cruises down the motorway, but when i had a curtosy car golf with the arm rest my mum complained saying it was difficult to change gear cos it was getting in the way all the time!

Does anyone here find it gets in the way??

I found i was just flicking my wrist to change gear when driving the golf with an arm rest

So what are your thoughts on the golf with the arm rest??

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote: posted by topcat on 11/01/2005 18:06:08

early doors, have you found anything aftermarket for the engine yet

ERr think u got the wrong thread??

·
Registered
277 Posts
It certainly caused me a problem in the mk4. But it's set so far back in my wife's mk5, I can't even rest my arm on it! So no problem for me.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Not a problem in the mkV but the Bora I had for a day you had to fold it fully upright otherwise it was right in the way.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Nope its a much better design that the MK4

Dosent get in the way at all. But. You cant keep CD'S in it as its too shallow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's not a problem for me at all. It's set well back and no where near the gear stick. Plus it's chilled/heated and you get rear air vents and you get rear cup holders in it. Which is nice! (you can see it here)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not a prob - but the handbrake is a whole different story. I have to really get my arm screwed up, Martin Lawrence in BadBoys stlyee!

But its an essential piece of kit for MkV - IMO changes the whole character of the interior

·
Registered
30 Posts
I find the armrest does get in the way, but only when slid forward. I would definitely spec. it again, not only does it make motorway cruising more comfortable, it finishes off the interior nicely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
But it's set so far back in my wife's mk5, I can't even rest my arm on it! So no problem for me.

Do you realise the mark V armrest slides forward & can be set higher by lifting it 2/3 way up then putting it back down (it stops around 1/3 up then) & must be lifted fully to reset... Bit fiddly but well worth it for motorway driving.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote: posted by TDIBOB on 15/01/2005 14:05:15

But it's set so far back in my wife's mk5, I can't even rest my arm on it! So no problem for me.

Do you realise the mark V armrest slides forward & can be set higher by lifting it 2/3 way up then putting it back down (it stops around 1/3 up then) & must be lifted fully to reset... Bit fiddly but well worth it for motorway driving.

How? I can't get mine to budge at all, in any direction! (Mine is also set so far back that you can't rest your arm on it)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Quote: posted by Seckles on 17/01/2005 10:08:48

Oh Yeah, so it does! Thought it was the entire thing that moved [:I]

you muppet [B)][:D]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts