Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New to this forum so wondering if I could request some help with this problem?
Basically I got a new 56mill hybrid turbo built off a pd150 platform (Which my car is anyway). At the same time I was getting it installed i got new silicon boost pipes installed (Stock intercooler kept), with an egr delete. The car never went properly after was far slower than it ever was with the standard 150 turbo. I just assumed it was cause the 56 mill needed mapped in and egr mapped out. I took the car to a well known mapping place near me, and showed him the problem I was having. He installed the recommended map for my spec/system I was running, but it made no difference car was still having same problem…. I’ve ruled out any possible boost leak, cars exhaust is fine not blocked or anything (Has a cat & backbox delete). The maf sensor is working as it should so I don’t know what else could be. The turbo was stripped out of car and sent back to supplier as we suspected it was maybe built wrong, but the turbo is 100% working as it should be so don’t know what else could be causing me this problem. Car boosts fine up to about 2000rpm then it pulls back and goes completely dead (Until you keybang it)

any help at all would be appreciated as I want to get the car back on road as it’s been off the road near 2 months now….

·
Registered
10,991 Posts
100% agree with the above... a simple calibration of the actuator should do the trick.... your tuner should've know this and made the needed adjustments.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should have a code. Sounds like limp and the actuator needing calibrated to the tune.

If your guy 'installed a map' and then can't figure out what's wrong with it, find someone better.
It’s nothing to do with the map

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,550 Posts
So you're confident it's not the map, the MAF, the turbo, exhaust, boost leaks?

What codes do you have? If it goes into soft limp which resets when you cycle the igniton you'll have a code. If you don't, the fault table has been hidden.

·
Registered
10,991 Posts
did you have the silicone pipe an turbo before the map? and did it go into limp mode when you drove it that way?
if it didn't well than 100% it's turbo actuator calibration... providing nothing else is causing a problem p.e. no problems with map sensor, maf sensor, boost pipe leaks, vacuum pipe leaks, intercooler leaks, exhaust or intake leaks or cracks, good working N75 valve (and if you still have the other N249 and N18 check them too)

but as @adam- pointed out there will be a fault code(s) logged in the ecu and that should point to the reason why it goes into limp mode. So readout the ECU with a program like VCDS/Vag-com/ or something similar.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
You fitted a hybrid turbo, some silicone hoses and did an egr delete and the car didn't run right.
Got a remap and the car still didn't run right.

Who remapped it?
When you took it back to them and they scanned it for codes, what did they find?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts