Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for front areo wipers,

Do you know where the best place is to purchase.

Also can any one supply the part no?

·
Registered
8 Posts
yar, i purchased some last week for vag-parts.co.uk,

my factory originals were on the way out, actually split in parts, so i thought what the hell i will by some aeros.

real good piece of modern technology,,, dont listen to the moaners on here who have problems with them--- if millions of pounds worth of lab testing at VAG isnt enough compared to 1% of population who have had a fault then i dont know what is.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Yeah, i've had them a few weeks and they're amazing, I'm going to vw later so I'll find out the part no's for you!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Actually, I think the front aero wipers are crap when driving at speed!

If you are a motorway driver and frequently go over 70mph [:I], then they smudge!

I have changed the blades and still happened when it rains badly! If they didn't come as standard on mine, I wouldn't bother!

They do look the much better tho [:D]

·
Registered
639 Posts
i only do motorway driving and thats why i bought aeros. the old ones lifted and vibed like mad. aero are smooth.

i have just though, all you people that have probs with aeros do you use a wash and wax - wax never touches my windows.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Aeros are nice, will be gettng some soon but must say I have never had problems with normal wipers on the 4 mo, but then I did apply intense glass cutter/cleaner to it which totally made the glass feel so much smoother.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think aero's are the mutts nuts. Such a simple design, less parts to wear, more aerodynamic and better at the job of shifting water from the screen and the blades are 100 times easier to fit. Some day all cars will use them. When I look at BMW's and other top end cars with standard wipers on, they look rubbish in comparison.

Sarge

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Deadlock on 22/03/2005 17:16:54

Aeros are nice, will be gettng some soon but must say I have never had problems with normal wipers on the 4 mo, but then I did apply intense glass cutter/cleaner to it which totally made the glass feel so much smoother.

What brand of glass cutting/cleaner did you use bud, could do with having a go on my motorway miles 4mo![:D]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Quote: posted by Valve on 22/03/2005 15:57:03

Wiper Arm 1J2955409D

Wiper Arm 1J2955410D

Wiperblade 1J2955425A

Wiperblade !j2955426A

HTH.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Quote: posted by Valve on 22/03/2005 15:57:03

Wiper Arm 1J2955409D

Wiper Arm 1J2955410D

Wiperblade 1J2955425A

Wiperblade 1J2955426A

HTH.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote: posted by evilhomer on 22/03/2005 23:42:43

Quote: posted by Deadlock on 22/03/2005 17:16:54

What brand of glass cutting/cleaner did you use bud, could do with having a go on my motorway miles 4mo![:D]

Just Halfrauds own,(light blue bottle) and used their cloth that came with it, so after washing the car I applied it to just the front windscreen, (it felt quite rough within the wiper blade contact area)left it to dry, then poilshed off and wiped with a wet bit of cloth then dried it again! it is nice an smooth now!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Quote: posted by Shaq on 22/03/2005 17:12:17

I'll be running an areowpiper Gb in a few weeks people [:D]

Cheers

C

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD IT NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.