Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after having the pleasure of Xenons on my MK4, I decided that the next car HAD to be pre-equipped with them.

yada yada yada.....car arrives with xenons.....

Well, all i can say is WOW!!!!!

These are by far and a long way the best lights on anything i've ever driven or been in before.

They use bi-xenon technology i believe, so that on dip, the beam is as expected and doesn't dazzle oncoming cars.....

....but flick to MAIN beam and the little servo controlled mirror flicks the xenon beam up AND the driving spotlights come on too.

I recommend these to anyone and if you look at the cost of the extra its something like ?750 which includes auto-levelling and headlamp washers too!

Curiously, my car also has a manual headlight level 'trim' control too!! (mk4's with factory xenons didn't have that control!)

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
does the bi-xenon mean that you dont have the little yellow side lights on when the xenons are on?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are sidelights but on the mk5 they are separate and below the main unit

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 20/10/2004 21:50:48

Curiously, my car also has a manual headlight level 'trim' control too!! (mk4's with factory xenons didn't have that control!)

Mine dosnt have that, all I have is the dash light dimming switch

Chris

·
Registered
313 Posts
Are we absolutely sure these are BI-Xenon headlights? If so I am a little disappointed, as the manual brochures state "Gas Discharge (Xenon) DIPPED beam headlights".

It is because of the refereance to dipped beam only that I did not order these at the price they want. I had the Bi-Xenons on my Passat and must agree that on High beam especially - Awsome does not pay just to the way they work. Having experienced dipped only Xenons in a Mondeo, I could not justify the expense to only have "half" the deal.

Maybe when I ordered my car the brochures and information was out of date. Still never mind, have to say the standard lights are not too shabby anyway. It seems that with every new car and generation, the goal posts are moved forward for all sorts of technology.

Foxy, Glad you are happy with the purchase. I had a chance to really push mine down some country lanes last night, now that it is run in (take note Businessboy[:D]), and bearing in mind the wet conditions, this is one impressive package. Handling is flawless, and the torque of the diesel keeps it on the move nicely. Must admit to being a bit naughty and baiting a couple of local chav's in their Corsa's - gotta be done really[:I]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Jon, is yours an import, with the sunroof and the adjuster thingy? Or are you just so special they shoehorned those extras on just for you!??

I dont mean "special needs" BTW!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

car also has a manual headlight level 'trim' control too!!

So does mine, but it does not do anything.

My dipped lights are too high, took it to a dealer immediately after purchasing, they checked and said they were OK. No adjustment needed.

But keep getting flashed.

Motor bike cop flashed me last night, gave me a few blue flashes after passing.

So anyone know if it is a manual or software adjustment [?] Nothing in the manual.

After last night think will have to get them checked again

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you want pics of the xenons and dont wanna wait for foxy... lol only joking.. I have some pics of mine... just ask and I will post[:D]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the car is NOT an import - it's a UK car guys.

The adjuster does fook all.

The lights are bi-xenon, i'm certain.

They do have auto-levellers, because after turning the ingition key they do a little down-up test sometimes.

Oh, and the headlamp washers are ingenious.........they only spray once per journey rather than every time.

......and the rear wiper wipes once when you reverse.......lots of toys and new features!!

Finally.......my front cabin light already has the 'W8'-esque red leds and illuminated controls!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I love those W8 style LED's [:)] Another great feature.

I wish the mirrors dipped down when you put it in reverse, but thats no biggie.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 21/10/2004 22:12:18

......and the rear wiper wipes once when you reverse.......lots of toys and new features!!

The A3 does this too but sadly Ford had it in the Focus YEARS ago.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts