Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
No option for both... I miss my TP that had both... I tend to get a sore finger if I use one method consistently

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm firmly in the nipple camp.. I've even got the following three tips depending on my mood and the precision required... [:S]

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Nipples all the way, baby!

Posted Image

Pad for me, more effortless, don't have to make such tiny precise movements, but I always take a mouse with me if I know I have to be working on a notebook or I go crazy.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm firmly in the nipple camp.. I've even got the following three tips depending on my mood and the precision required... [:S]

Posted Image
Pads are better for me, some let you double tap for a mouse click.

I never knew you could get different shaped nipples! What a life of seclusion I have led.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pads are better for me, some let you double tap for a mouse click.
Indeed you can and on the ThinkPad the right side of the pad lets you scroll. However I'm still faster, more accurate and more comfortable using the nipple pointer.

I guess what it boils down to is what you're used to. I've had ThinkPads most of my life so the nipple has always been a strong feature of those machines, but I think most laptops sold today have the pad in preference to a nipple pointer hence why the poll is showing a much stronger following for the Pad. To me though I find using the pad very clumsy, innacurate and tiring as I have to keep lifting my finger in a stroking motion to be able to span the desktop.

C

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I am forced to use both as I use various machines. I very much prefer the pad with the scroll and click functions.

My latest toy is one of these:

Posted Image

It is a laser projected keyboard with a mouse built in.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I wasn't bought up supporting the things, but was sucking em, nothnig changes....Oh....

Computer nipples! Well nipple man myself, nothing better than searching merrily for a few vids from the good old czech republic while carresing yer nipple now is there. [:)]

Surprisingly, thats all clean too!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm a nipple man through and through - was brough up supporting the things so refuse to use pads.

Brainy - where did you get the nipple extension cup kit (or NeCK from now on) - I could do with experimenting to see if it improves productivity [:D]
You're clearly a man of refined taste Tabs [Y]

You can bid for all three variants on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBM-THINKPAD-TRACKPOINT-CAP-NIPPLE-COLLECTION_W0QQitemZ6877726588QQcategoryZ60264QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or the best two with a buy it now of ?2.99 inc delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trackpoint-Thinkpad-Caps-IBM-P-N-91P8421_W0QQitemZ8805232941QQcategoryZ31534QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My favourite is the soft rim as it gives you just the right amount of control with a larger surface area for comfort during prolonged use.

C

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I prefer the nipple option or "trackpoint" as IBM call it, I have been
using Thinkpads for quite some time and do find the touchpad quite
annoying to use so much so i`ve disabled it from the bios as it
sometimes gets in the way of the trackpoint and jumps about the screen
if your not precise enough [:|]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I'm a nipple man through and through - was brough up supporting the things so refuse to use pads.

Brainy - where did you get the nipple extension cup kit
(or NeCK from now on) - I could do with experimenting to see if it
improves productivity [:D]
You're clearly a man of refined taste Tabs [Y]

You can bid for all three variants on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBM-THINKPAD-TRACKPOINT-CAP-NIPPLE-COLLECTION_W0QQitemZ6877726588QQcategoryZ60264QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or the best two with a buy it now of ?2.99 inc delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trackpoint-Thinkpad-Caps-IBM-P-N-91P8421_W0QQitemZ8805232941QQcategoryZ31534QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My favourite is the soft rim as it gives you just the right amount
of control with a larger surface area for comfort during
prolonged use.

C
Hmm I wonder if those fine cups will fit on a Tosh Tecra S1 bare nipple? My current cup is quite worn.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts