Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been discussed in depth before but am having probs searching so.......

I have the rear one and find it gives a much cleaner sweep that the old style wiper blades however I have heard wisperings that the front ones are not much good? Is this true?

I need to replace my front ones as they are knackered, do i do a straight swap or go for the aero ones? I do think the aero ones look better but would also hope they function better as the ones atm arent great with flies etc, normally just smearing rather than cleaning.

Also where is the best (cheapest) place to get them from, have searched ebay but to no sucess, may just be my incompetance [:cool:]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have put a set on mine only about 1month ago from a donnor part exchange vehicle. [6]

They are better at higher speeds as they are designed to stick to the screen due to the spoiler design.

I have found a slightlly better clean but that's probally due to mine old blades were a bit old.

Do it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The R32 comes with Aero wipers on the front as standard (not the rear for some strange reason). Anyway, they are way way better than normal wipers. They stick to the windscreen much better and work just as well at high speed as they do around town. They also seem to deteriorate at a lesser rate - i.e. even old ones work pretty well with little streaking.

Plus.....Aero blades are cheaper than normal ones !

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thats my next mod and i believe you can can them from vagparts.com for about 50 squid plus VAT.

Do we still get 10% discount from them? - its been a while since i used them.

Anyone know any place you could buy them for less?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I was under the impression that aero wipers only came in with the MkV but I saw a load of MkIVs (inc. R32) at my dealer on Sat, plus previous-generation Polos and some Boras with aeros, I guess they came from the factory this way, can't believe they've all been modded. Didn't like the look of aeros at first but now I know more about them and their function, think I might go for it. Like the ones with Bosch logos [:D] Might as well say, "Nick me!" [;)]

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Thats my next mod and i believe you can can them from vagparts.com for about 50 squid plus VAT.

Do we still get 10% discount from them? - its been a while since i used them.

Anyone know any place you could buy them for less?
dude, do you REALLY not know shaq.

go to the group buy shop and i am sure he can help.

carefull though,he will take all the money you can get your hands on with temptations .

·
Registered
518 Posts
dude, do you REALLY not know shaq.

go to the group buy shop and i am sure he can help.

carefull though,he will take all the money you can get your hands on with temptations .
I've dealt with Shaq before and the guy's a diamond. Didn't think he'd been around too much lately tho...

Also, cashflow is a little tight this month as i'm moving house, so was really lookin to slap it on the plastic.

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
I might get these next for my car. They do make the car look newer too I think.

Ive been quoted ?55.48 + ?7 delivery = ?62.48 from Shaq, but thats not a GB price.

I went through vagparts online shop and they came to just over ?69 delivered.

·
Registered
540 Posts
All I'll say is that since I fitted them to my wifes golf the ear ache has stopped about how bad her wipers were compared to my aero's......and they look better too.

Buy them from shaq....Kool VW best prices and good service, it might make him groan[:'(] a bit after the last group buy though!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Definately do it, I changed mine out, and what a difference!!! Got mine
from VAG Parts, fitting can be tricky if you don't have some pointers,
like the removal of the old ones!!! You may already be aware of this
but if not give me a shout.

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Do you have a link to where you got them please?

Preferably in English if thats possible? Im unable to search german ebay as I dont know German.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My areo wipers came standard on my 52 GT TDI!

I have found at high speed one of the blades smudge,i changed the blades and they still do?

They look the biz tho

·
Registered
361 Posts
Aero wipers are cool,....but and this is the only but,...they are a little fragile.

I have the VW original ones (not Bosch) and already they are splitting and this leads to lines of water not being removed.

On the plus side they are 100% better than the standard items I removed.[:D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have put these on my Bora and I am 100% happy with them, well worth the money.

My dad has them on his Superb and he says they are terrible?

I guess it boils down to personal opinion and the vehicle.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers thanks for the opinions guys, does anyone have the part numbers to get these from a dealer, so that i can try them and see how much they are? I often find that because you avoid P&P that way they can be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Cheers thanks for the opinions guys, does anyone have the part numbers to get these from a dealer, so that i can try them and see how much they are? I often find that because you avoid P&P that way they can be cheaper.
vagparts are usualy cheeprs than the dealer even with the p&p just ask for a set of aero wipers they will give you a price

1 - 20 of 29 Posts