Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , ive started my pursuit looking for some lovely new wheels for summer after all this snow and ice is gone and i keep finding lots of BMW rc wheels on ebay. these look very similar to the anniversary wheels but are there any subtle differences besides the pcd and will original vw Center caps fit ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi there. Been looking myself lately too. Apparently the BMW wheels are spaced and the bolts are located differently ie VW's are 5x100 and ET35 where as the BMW's are 5x120 amd ET45 (they do have different ones though, check the actual wheels you're looking to buy). So you need a hub converter to bolt on the wheels and then find out with the difference in offset and what with the bolt converter (effectively a spacer too!) will they rub? Seen plenty of VW's with them though [:D]

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
The wheels in question are a 2 piece split rim. The dish and barrel is all one piece and the centre is the other piece. There is 2 different variations of these wheels, a RC041 and an RC042.

The 041 is a 7.5" wide wheel with an offset of 41

The 042 is an 8.5" wide wheel with an offset of 42

For a complete set on a BMW the 8.5 were the wider rears but some sets out there are now all 8.5, 7.5 or a mix so search for some that suit you. I am currently running these in a 7.5 all round for summer. As for the adapters you will need 5x100 to 5x120 and also change your wheel bolts. H&R are the best adapters to buy but they don't come cheap. I do have a pair of 20mm for sale though for £100 as I want to space the rear out a little more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts