Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Need some help, I have fitted my koni coilovers and now I am getting the driveshaft catching on the ARB during hard left handers.

Question is do I fit the weitec part to just move the standard ARB or go for a new ARB kit?

Any veiws/advise greatly accepted [:)]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'd go for a proper ARB kit if I was you, thats what I ended up doing and has made a massive difference to the handling as well as preventing the driveshafts from catching.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i need uprated ARB as i'm catching too. whats the best make to go for,cheapest,dearest,lightest,etc. perhaps a group buy could be sorted.

·
Registered
911 Posts
i got the eibach arb as everyone on here said to get one. I get them, then people say there are 2 versions. A lovely ?300 down the drain. I think the H&R is the best for clearence ?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mmmm I have adjusted my coilovers today as it had settled alot more than I wanted. Will see what happens now. It's still 10 mm lower at lease than my anni!

·
Registered
469 Posts
[legend]Question is do I fit the weitec part to just move the standard ARB

whats this part? is it a long arb link? where from and how much?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it possible to fit the later arb with the bigger hoops? If you could get one for the right money [:)]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Go for the later Eibach ARB. 25mm front and back, about ?270 delivered.

I had an H&R and the newer Eibach ARB has euqally as big hoops. With the H&R and Eibach, my driveshaft hit the chassis before it hit the ARB. I've now gone for a more conservative -35mm H&R springs with Eibach ARBs and i don't get any ARB/Driveshaft contact and am very happy with the ride.

The thicker front and the addition of a rear TRANSFORM the handling and come with ***** (5star) rating from me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
venom motorsport now sell arb drop links advertised in this months pvw worth a look at,i have an h&r arb but it still catches a bit as its on its ***,might try drop links asswell as h&R will have to see,they are meant to be a lot better then the weitec ones.

cheers 4low

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I may just grab a copy of pvw and take a look! Spent soooo much on the car already + booked into Jabba so cant stretch to another ?300 ish for arb's yet maybe next year! Just goto get the driveshaft cleared.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I have the Eibach large hooped ARB from Rich (R1GTI), and have a drop of 35mm at the front with no catching at all.

I highly recommend this mod to improve the handling, I can now control the back end when coming of roundabouts with great ease [:D]

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fitted the venom droplinks yesterday!

Took about 15 minutes and they work a treat! Not been able to get the drive shaft to touch since. [:)]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts