Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by smm20-v-t on 10/04/2005 18:05:00

i had the revo and was very impressed although i wouldnt bother with the 4bar as only takes to 218 usin lot more fuel, stick to the 212 and sure be happy with it

Unless you tried the 4 bar prog don't knock it. It's alot more different than the paper figures suggest and torque is held longer.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by rich1068 on 10/04/2005 20:09:55

Quote: posted by GaryM on 10/04/2005 19:27:09There was an APR 1.8T Octy at the Briskoda RR day at JBS last Sunday which made around 16bhp and 16lbs of torque less than 4bar Revo cars.

Out of the box APR figures apparently. With something called 'vtune' you can alter the characteristics of the map. Like a more complicated version of SPS3 from what I can gather.

Don't beleive everything you hear Rich. V-tune is basically the same as lemmiwinks. Lemmiwinks been leaked by Revo seemed to coincide with v-tune been made free.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by rich1068 on 10/04/2005 20:17:29

Probably got my wires crossed then. I assumed v-tune was an APR 'option' if you like.

It is an APR option but you can download it for free. The parameters pretty much match lemmiwinks albeit with a nicer looking interface.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 10/04/2005 20:24:07

Will V-Tune let you increase boost?

Lemmiwinks only lets you decrease, the block starts at 100% boost (maximum) and will only let you adjust down.

Yes but only within parameters of the map AFAIK. It looks like a useful piece of software but certainly not a reason to choose APR over Revo IMO.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Worth noting that to make changes with APR via cruise control you also have to pay for additional programs flashing to the ECU as well as the cruise control itself. I believe this allows switching between different fuels like Revo SPS2 (?199+vat) but not specific control of the boost and timing like Revo SPS3 (?249+vat).

GaryM had his Revo done somewhere in the NW so he'll be able to advise on a local agent.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Just had a look at prices and this how the prices compare for full adjustability (all prices including VAT):

Revo

Remap - ?586.33

SPS3 - ?292.58(Not essential as you can just borrow one)

Lemmiwinks - Free

Total = ?878.91/?586.33

APR

Remap - ?527.58

Additional programs - ?233.83

Lockout - ?45.83

Anti-Theft - ?229.13

V-Tune enable - ?81.08

Cruise Control - ?205.63

Total = ?1323.08

Ade - What's the difference between options of lockout and anti-theft other than the large price difference?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by awesomeade on 12/04/2005 14:22:23

Yes the APR costs more, but we believe its a nicer way to swap programs - ie utilising OEM parts.

Lock out - locks the car in one program, so no-one could swap programs (ie dealer if they thought the car might be chipped and try using the cruise to change progs)

Anti-theft is the 4 pin program so the car doesnt start without entering the pin code.

+ you get the added benefits of cruise control if you dont that all ready...

But you said security lockout is ?39+vat so I assumed you meant lockout as the antitheft is listed as ?195+vat. I'll ammend the above to reflect this.

Edited to say: I see you've updated the original post so ignore the above.

BTW I agree that cruise control is a nice option, I fitted my own for around ?50 so that could be a way for potential customers to reduce the cost of APR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.