Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I running APR Stage 2 software with Forge FMIC, Pipercross Panel Filter, Milltek Sports cat and exhaust, Forge TIP, Forge DV and its a KO3s (AUM). I was wondering if anyone else was running this software and mods and what BHP they were getting? Is it worth getting a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator? I was told I didnt need it on this map but want to know if anyone else used one and how it was?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
i have the exact same mods except a Eurojet FMIC and a Jetex Cone filter. i got 233bhp from a R-tech Stage 2 map. so should be similar.

4 Bar FPR isn't needed in most cases, but worthwhile speaking to the garage you got the car mapped at/are getting it mapped at.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i did have the APR stage 2 generic software withe miltek turbo back exhaust, carbonio cai, forge DV, forge TIP,forge boost hoses, 3 bar fpr and managed 221bhp at 16psi with 270 lbft. but change to a custom rolling road setup Revo stage 2 with 4 bar fpr and got 228bhp at 18psi with 306 lbft on K03s AUQ, and to be honest the Revo is a much better map, still as smooth as the APR and just pulls and pulls to redline.Revo maps are written with the 4 bar fpr and the apr isnt so if you change the car will more than likely run poor and overfuel.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See ive been in a Revo Stage 2 and found the map less smooth. I think to be honest a lot of this boils down to car and its health/condition.

My power band is incredible and doesnt give up until redline. Boost does seem a little low at higher speeds, but Ive even had races with other more power ful cars and its been super close. My mates MR2 Turbo dynod at 266bhp I was pushing him down the road. Strange.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
like i say my revo map is custom set up on the rolling road so doesnt spike and tail off as much as the generic revo stage 2 or the apr stage 2. dont get me wrong it is a brilliant map but the custom revo is better in my opinion. mate ive embarassed a few "powerful" cars, and there owners.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats awesome mate. I seem to find people with Custom Code getting come of the best figures. Id like to think my AUM is running close to 230bhp but only a dyno will tell. Rolling road day anyone?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
there usually plenty RR days organised on here bud just keep an eye out and get your name down. also get some more pics of the car up pal.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah Ill try mate. Didnt realise my photos were so out of date. This weekend there should be loads of pics taken, so Ill try and update my page then for you all.

Just to warn you......Ive not strayed too far from OEM as originally I wanted to the car subtle and disgusted, but now Im starting to get a little carried away. lol

[au]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts