Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Star having the car remapped with the new version of APR's code for the R32. As before, went for the 98ron code. Only other modification on the car is a miltek exhaust.

I tend to consider WHP a bit stronger than Engine Power as it is a measurement as opposed to a calculation.

Stock:

WHP: 168.5

Torque: 234

Power: 258.5

APR v6463 98RON:

WHP: 169.5

Torque: 232

Power: 256

So there you have it....?500 of code....absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Martyn said that the new VW code is also smoother than the APR code. Looks like sticking with the VW code is the thing to do.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Benefit: Support for v6463 and the fact your traction control and CEL wont come on.

Hey maybe VW actually got it right with 6463 and did what the tuners achieved earlier in the year - now theres a notion no-ones cooked up yet!

Btw run it with millers and then RR it and come back with the figures, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Quote: posted by Tabs on 31/10/2004 09:43:34

Btw run it with millers and then RR it and come back with the figures, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Even on AmD's road? [;)]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by Martyn on 31/10/2004 09:48:41

Tabs did you ever RR yours and get a result???

Tabs was at the AmD meet in June this year (can't find the post-meet thread) and the result was very similar to the AmD-tuned car which may be what Carlos is winking about.

I remember coz I let him have a little go in my tractor.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I think Mark was of the opinion that his cars figures were down on their road. I'm sure Mark will have the figures to hand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before APR (Stock v6463):

Posted Image

After APR (v6463 98 RON):

Posted Image

Both on Overlay:

Posted Image

Thats what ?500 of software gets you....1 bhp at the wheels!

b0b

·
Registered
436 Posts
I notices the ATW figure isn't that high...is this because the torque is split to all 4 wheels.......is power shifted to the rear as it normally goes to the front wheels on the road unless it detects slippage.

This would explain a low ATW figure.

I have seen good modded 1.8T's with over 200 atw if not more.

Ian

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
With new code your car should rev to a sweet 7400rpm in 3rd>6th gear and 7250 in 1st and 2nd

giving you a 0-60 time of Circa 5.5 seconds.

How many miles do you have on your car? perhaps it needs to loosen up abit?

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Then you have the 10k barrier to look forward to I would say! I've just tipped this and Mine has developed an "inverted hesitation" whereby instead of slowing down it picks up!

yeah....!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Quote: posted by bigmeanbob on 31/10/2004 09:20:26

I tend to consider WHP a bit stronger than Engine Power as it is a measurement as opposed to a calculation.

What is WHP?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Iv hit 10k.... Wish i hadn't.. Got a car that still seems to suffer now and again with hisertation. Spent 800 odd quid on software that i can't put back on and can't get anywhere with the company who has supplied it!!

All in all i just want rid of my car. I go back to her from shopping saying.. wonder if she is still there!! Hope not

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi Tom

Have you tried calling us? Perhaps it would be best to speak to someone on 0161 776 0777 - i dont work for APR - i'm just an IT person for Awesome - try calling the sales guys and see what they can do.,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Ade,

You'll have noticed I've copied the email I sent to APR to both yourself and Jim Curley. Any suggestions why the remap made no difference at all?. Have APR misnamed the remap files on the server?

b0b

1 - 20 of 33 Posts