Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
iphone apps?

ifitness is pretty good lists exercises for different body parts and shows how to do them with pictures.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry - yes iPhone apps....not many of us WANT to exercise but it helps combat err...shrinking clothes [:D]

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I use cardiotrainer when I'm ski-ing. Its quite nice. Tracks distance, speed and calories etc... plots a map of where I've been too. Its for Android though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get iFitness and job done. It's a very good app for beginners and regular gym goers alike.

I've been using it a while now and I can see my progressions easily, view them on a graph if I want and also back them all up and download them to my comp, the weight monitor is great too! As I used to be a PT I was a bit sceptical, but I'm pleasently surprised!

(Reading that back really sounds like a sales ploy...it's not though, honest! :D)

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
I'm being serious here,but how did we get fit before the i-Phone came along? Surely we haven't been sitting around all podgey and grossly overweight waiting for hundreds of years until someone invented it,and now we can suddenly get fit because we can install a piece of software (which I'd guess has to be paid for?) on a mobile communications device[:cool:]?

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I'm certain millions of people across the world have been going to gyms,going walking,cycling,swimming,jogging and countless other forms of exercise for thousandds of years[:p]?

What I'm geting at is why do you need an app for the gym,or Wii fit or anything else similar when the great outdoors is 100% free and there for everyone to use?

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awwww shuddup grumpy [:D] You're beginning to sound like Londonluke with your anti technology rants.

I go to the gym, I have a routine - I just wanted to be able to log it and see my progress.

PS - I'm not sure people have been going to the gym for thousands of years....

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
awwww shuddup grumpy
You're beginning to sound like Londonluke with your anti technology rants.
How very dare you.......[:p]

Posted Image

Actually I just checked the terms and conditions of the gym membership I've just signed up for and it looks like I have signed up for a 1000 years[:O][:DD].

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
awwww shuddup grumpy
You're beginning to sound like Londonluke with your anti technology rants.
How very dare you.......

Actually I just checked the terms and conditions of the gym membership I've just signed up for and it looks like I have signed up for a 1000 years

Chris.
That's just how long you'll end up paying for. Obviously, you won't actually go after January..

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
try one called bodyfitness mate it free and shows you all different routines for various parts of the body with pics seems pretty good, you can mix it up at gym then with different routines.

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
what a crock of crap lol, put your trainers on, open your front door and run about a bit, go in your garage, find something heavy, pick it up a few times and move it around, dig a massive hole in your garden and fill it back in again, all of those things are free and achieve your goals.

I packed the gym in ages ago, realised it was a waste of money and I got a load of weights and a bench off ebay for the cost of 2 months membership and ive been going nuts in the garage for a few weeks, no other people in the way, no fees, no nothing, just me, some tunes and the suitable attitude to achieve.

balls to fads.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2 knee ops & a cracked bone in my leg mean runnings a no-no

the garage is full of kids toys and furniture. I open the door, look in with horror, realise anyone who ventures in does it at their own risk, then close the door again

After I put the wife in the hole in the garden, where does the extra soil go ?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
There's no babes in lycra in my garage, so I go to the gym...though to be fair there's a fair amount of fatties in lycra too, though there's some entertainment value in them as well!

For apps I use Nike+ as it came with the 3GS (I think it comes with 4 as well), you need to buy the pedometer device for your trainers but it's not much if you use your existing trainers rather than the Nike one built for it. You can only log runs, but you get different plans, goals etc plus you can upload to the Nike+ website which gives you further access to data and metrics plus points you can achive etc.

I think Adidas do something similar - MiCoach I think, might be worth checking that out too...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts