Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the success of the RR shoot out at awesome and a few comments on the forum, its got me thinking.

I know it would be good for us northerners to come down south, plus
theres more than enough of us to come down, but I think a RR day would
be a bit of a repeat if we havent done anymore mods.... which
most of us wont have.

Sooo is there anywhere we could hire, or is there anywhere that does a
RWYB (run what you bring) that we could pre book, in terms of hiring
somewhere exclusively I know it could be abit much for one club, but we
could possibly share it with another VAG club (TT or Seta maybe)

THis is just a thought, so if anyone knows or can think of a way to do this speak up..... any ideas on loacation? etc etc

PS I am thinking maybe May so we have time to get things organised and
so we could maybe get some money and new mods together Oh and the
weather should be better.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not that i'll be contending, but brunters is definately the way
forward. There's a reason why the Formula student competition and the
VMAX events are held there. Brilliantly located, and acres of space!!!

Peter

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great stuff James, It would be great if we could get some pointers on this from someone who has already done this

Not sure whether there would be many takers for a full on track day
here, to many concours cars but I think everyone would be up for 1/4
mile runs.

Wonder how much Brunters Costs for A full day exclusive hire?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Great stuff James, It would be great if we could get some pointers on this from someone who has already done this

Not sure whether there would be many takers for a full on track day here, to many concours cars but I think everyone would be up for 1/4 mile runs.

Wonder how much Brunters Costs for A full day exclusive hire?
I should have some answers tomorrow.[:)]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
I would be up for this as well. Brunters is just a track though (big one at that), but offers no quater mile testing facility. Also their main staight it up hill and will affect times.

As an alternative we could also try and book a day at the pod, think the cost is something like ?4k though. If there were enough of us, paid up in advance, this could be an option.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mark,
I was waiting for your input as i know you have probably done more 1/4 mile runs than most here....

Sant Pod does dound good, ?4k sounds alot but to put it in perspective I reckon it cost the seat owners club 70 cars X ?90 = ?6300 for brunters and that was 2 years ago.

If we could get 50 Uk-Mkivs/Mkvs it works out at ?80 a head

I am ringing Santa Pod now to get some rates,

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got some prices,

Weekends are virtually fully booked up, however we could have have any number of Fridays
For the rent of the Track, marshals, Ambulance, timing Gear, Fire Engines, and 100 runners it would cost ?2350 for the whole day and as many runs as we could do........ However if it rained the track would be closed and we would lose our cash..... it is not like a RWYB were you can use your voucher next time.

Alternatively they run a RWYB that is Marque Specific, it is called a peak Performance day and each car club gets its own cordoned area and 100 runners all day... so if there was only 25 of us up for this this would be an option.

see here http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_rwyb.php

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Cheers Andy. IIRC that price quoted was for use of the pod for the whole day, we still have to pay entry, same as spectators, and they keep the base cost of the entry ticket with any markup going to organisers.

I suppose if we had 50+ cars it wouldn't be too bad, could also open it up to one of the Seat forums to provide a little competition [Y]

Considering on some peak days you get about 3 runs in this would work out to great value for money IMO.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mark, just rang back to quadrtuple check, and that is ?2350 all in NO spectator entry, if we had more than 100 runners we would hav a higher cost due to more facilites costs and less the cost would come down slightly.

Anyone know if there is any insurance we could get for both the runners and against the track being closed due to weather?

If we got 100 runners at that price it would be ?23.50 each so I am sure no one baulk at few extra quid for insurance!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts