Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I decided to buy another MKIV; I had already decided that it had to be black. The car that I bought was actually advertised as Diamond Black even though I could tell it was gloss black(2 salesman swore blind it was metallic..). This got me thinking; every black Golf that I'd seen was metallic and (sadly) I now look closely when I see another black car; there seems to be hardly any other gloss black cars..so has anyonelse on here got one?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I did have! it was a 2001 model but I sld it to buy a MCS in July 2003

Got a black (non metallic) A3 now though [:D] I was gutted you couldn't get a non pearl black r32.

J.

·
Registered
445 Posts
ive got a non matalic black golf and my mate has a matalic A3T and i think mine looks a lot deeper and shines much more. when cleaned of course[B)]

·
Registered
646 Posts
Had diamond black Golf followed by Solid black Bora. If you are into cleaning your cars, the solid one gives a much deeper wetter shine.

IIRC this one, Gary Handa's monster is solid black [:D]

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Solid black is pure lush for cleaning!!! [:)]

You should have waxed yours more Jon!

- I am going to order a Mk5 GTI in the same colour and save money too, BONUS!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Mine was gloss black too - it was the best finish I have ever had on a car and looked superb clean. Traded it in at Bradford VW two weeks ago and they have it down on their stock list as metallic!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Solid black is pure lush for cleaning!!!

You should have waxed yours more Jon!

- I am going to order a Mk5 GTI in the same colour and save money too, BONUS!

Ahh yea, but that $250 will be spent on lotions and potions [;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts