Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I can give you a free, completely free ?20 bet on anything you like. You have to bet the ?20, i.e. you can't instantly withdraw it, once you have played the ?20, your free to withdraw it along with any winnings.

You will also get a bonus at the end of the month based on how much you have bet.

I will get a bonus for signing you up. It's on betfair.

If anyone wants the free bet, you need to be a new customer of there's and you will need a code. Just reply and I will PM you the details.

There is no catch, you get ?20, I'm not sure how much I get as yet. I did this when I first signed up off my mates referral and bet the whole ?20 foolishly on an aresenal match....but they won, and I withdrew ?67!

I think you will need to deposit say a tenner to qualify.

Been using betfair ever since for things like the WC and Big Brother and find it excellent, though does take a while to get used to, as your betting against other users, or you can act as the bookie and lay bets for people to place against you, more risky, but more profitable. Ever seen a poor bookie!?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, PM I sent to someone else....

go to www.betfair.com and sign up. MAKE SURE you put the code below, exactly as it is in the Promotional code box:

FTB222

or

CUP234

I don't get anything out of this. The refer a friend scheme you would have to bet a total of ?50 to gain a ?20 bet and I would have got ?20 also.

However, with this code, you need to bet ?25, and as soon as you have done that, they will credit your account with another ?25, I don't get anything, but not gonna keep the better deal from you!

So if you do what I did, bet ?25 on a pretty much dead cert (bearing in mind nothings dead cert!) you will get another ?25 free to bet with with you can withdraw straight away or continue betting on the WC.

The best thing with betfair is you can bet even when the game is near the end. i.e at 80 mins, if England are 1-0 you could put ?25 on england to win, odd's will be rubbish, but you should get your free ?25 from it. However, if whoever england are playing score a goal to draw, bear in mind you will have lost your ?25, BUT will recieve the free ?25. So it's a no loss bet really.

Good luck! I have done pretty well out of mine. Withdrew the ?25 back to my card and have an ?81 balance at the moment just from bets on the WC. I never bet at the start though, normally at the start of the second half.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I put my ?25 bet on, how long will it take to come through?

I putit on France to win, DOH!! but also put ?2.50 on a draw so got back 27.50!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Log in tommorow and it should be there. Your damn lucky to have put that couple of quid on a draw! I didnt bother betting on that game, odds were too low on france, was gonna put ?40 on it at 65 mins for a profit of 5.50.....sooooo glad I didnt!

I'm not guaranteeing anything, I'm nothing to do with betfair, but I got mine no probs.

Mine took a while to come 20 mins to come in after the results and after I had bet ?25 in total.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put my ?25 bet on, how long will it take to come through?

I putit on France to win, DOH!! but also put ?2.50 on a draw so got back 27.50!
Oh and by the way matty, often you will find that if you bet large on the fav, if it's a pretty dead cert favourite, to say win ?8. A lot of the time, if you bet 2 quid on the draw and 2 quid on the other team winning, you cannot lose.

Therefore, instead of winning ?8 if the favourites win, you win ?4 if they win (because you have put ?4 on elsewhere)

However, if the favourites don't win, so long as the odds were long enough, like you got, you can make more than you would if the favourites won. So your backing everything. BUT the odds need to be crap on the favourite and really high on the other 2. It don't happen often, but as you can bet through the game, all the odds are changing, some games, because of the way they turn out, you can bet half way through with long odds. Like you did, make a lot of money off a small stake.

Having said all that, I only done that once, and it only netted me ?8 in total from betting ?32, but I could not lose either way.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yer, the france macth would have been a bit of a bugger. [:(]

Tip. Sign up with a different username, different first name and different card details [;)]

Do it again! Remembering that Visa card's you cannot withdraw more than you deposited. But you can withdraw by cheque.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just wondering how everyone is getting on with betfair? any good wins?

I am ?13 down now, won about ?15 on horse racing, found an excellent site for tips but I got a bit risky and stuck ?10 on a horse and it didn't even make the race. Gutted.

I was really close to putting a bet on the Tunisia V's spain match for Tunisia to be winning at half time and Spain to win at full time but I bottled it, damn would of won about ?90

Betfair still havent given me the ?20 even though I have added ?25 in my account, sent them an email earlier to see what is going on.

I do find it very addictive though, can see how people fall foul of it.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just wondering how everyone is getting on with betfair? any good wins?

I am ?13 down now, won about ?15 on horse racing, found an excellent site for tips but I got a bit risky and stuck ?10 on a horse and it didn't even make the race. Gutted.

I was really close to putting a bet on the Tunisia V's spain match for Tunisia to be winning at half time and Spain to win at full time but I bottled it, damn would of won about ?90

Betfair still havent given me the ?20 even though I have added ?25 in my account, sent them an email earlier to see what is going on.

I do find it very addictive though, can see how people fall foul of it.
Don't fall foul of it. If you find yourself itching to get onto the computer to want to place a bet and THEN find yourself actively looking for something to bet on, withdraw your money and ask betfair to close your account and block your IP. They will do it as they are required to by law.

Honestly. I've been addicted to gambling. You don't win, simple as. I learnt my lesson and can now bet without getting addicted.

Anyway. Now thats over! To recieve your ?25 you need to bet a total of ?25, not just add ?25 to your account. It should then be added within about 3-5 hours, as seen above.

Don't get addicted mate!!! I enjoy it, I don't expect to win big. If I do it's a bonus. When I was addicted to it all I could only see how much I could win, not how much I was putting into the system.

You win a grand and your chuffed, then you realise it's taken 5 grand to get there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No I won't get addicted once my ?25 is used then I will close down the account I'm not putting any more into it. I do have very good will power!

Well that explains why they haven't sent me the funds then, I better get some bets on, think I will put a tenner on Lisa going out of big brother this friday as I think thats almost certain but its crap odds.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why no put a bet on one of the games playing now? Speed the process up a bit?

I got 4 quid on argentina to win. Will net ?4.16 if they do. I've lost a fair few in this WC though! But after the ?25 I'm still up.

I put ?25 into the account and bet ?25 in total to get my free ?25. I have withdrawn the ?25 back to my card, so playing with the winnings and ?25 free bet. I have a balance of ?43 with a liability (as in bets placed) of ?12.

Not too bad, only small sums, but it keeps me happy, and thats what counts after having been addicted!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I registered and bet my ?25 on spain to win, was a bit restless when tunisia were up and did consider putting a further bet on spain to win when they were 1-0 down as the odds were so much better, just as I decided to go for it spain scored and the odds plummeted. but I won in the end (a whole ?8 for my ?25 stake.

The only other bet I have had since was germany to beat ecuador 3-1, ?4 on to win ?40 but it wasn't to be.

Good fun though if you keep it controlled.

Cheers for the tip for the ?25 free bet

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just remember you don't need to bet ?25 on any one bet, you can bet a total of ?25 spread over various bets, you'll still get ?25 added to your account once you have bet a total of ?25 and the match or whatever you are betting on has completed.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts