Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very interested in one of these at the moment as i need to up my boost. How easy was it to fit?

Its either that or an MBC.

Does anyone know of any other boost controllers?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a jabba electronic boost controller here still new never used, the reason is I by passed N75 and I am using a manual boost controller

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by malta18t on 05/10/2004 07:45:53

I have a jabba electronic boost controller here still new never used, the reason is I by passed N75 and I am using a manual boost controller

Is this why you are getting problems then? Delivery on manual is slugged usually. (read harsh)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 05/10/2004 00:12:56

Very interested in one of these at the moment as i need to up my boost. How easy was it to fit?

Its either that or an MBC.

Does anyone know of any other boost controllers?

I run one.. and it works very well.

up and down with the twist of a small knob..

Mine sits on lowest setting the majority of the time.. ~9psi and ramps up to 23psi when I'm feeling like a bit of G-Loading.

Good bit of kit. (dbw only at this time or last i heard tho)

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have it but i have a feeling it works much better on DBW cars

Very usefull for when its wet along with the TC

Seems to interfere a bit with throttle response on mine - going to disconnect it to confirm

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an AUM engine so it will fit i presume? Did you install it yourself Bill? If so how easy was it?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yep I have one also.... very good if you get caught out with supermarket petrol... just back it off a bit... nice toy to as you can adjust it on the fly....

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Geeba, can you set it to adjust above the boost level set in the ecu or only below? My car is running at 1 bar but ideally i'd like it set at 1.3 or 1.4? What engine code is yours?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 05/10/2004 18:25:19

Geeba, can you set it to adjust above the boost level set in the ecu or only below? My car is running at 1 bar but ideally i'd like it set at 1.3 or 1.4? What engine code is yours?

I asked Jabba about this for my car and it can adjust boost up to the level determined by the remap, it won't get you any more over and above the remap/chip (I was trying to find the email from Jabba that explained this, but must have deleted it)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by Bowdie on 05/10/2004 19:21:03

Quote: posted by thechief on 05/10/2004 18:25:19

I asked Jabba about this for my car and it can adjust boost up to the level determined by the remap, it won't get you any more over and above the remap/chip (I was trying to find the email from Jabba that explained this, but must have deleted it)

If thats correct then its a bit of a bummer, my car should be running more boost than it is and jabbasport are a fair trek away from me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Why not just drop them an email? They responded to mine within a day, best to get the answer straight from the horses mouth[:)]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 05/10/2004 19:55:49

... and jabbasport are a fair trek away from me.

Well fella, that shouldn't be such a problem for you now as Bedrock VW's are now doing Jabba remaps with the recent install of their dyno.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You serious Cameron? Would be excellent as long as they aint charging too much for a simple adjustment.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yep, completely serious mate, was told they'd be doing proper Jabba maps when I phoned up about their open day. You should give them a ring and see what they say, I'm sure they won't rip you off.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bill

I couldnt use the N75, as it was overboosting all the time !! jabba sent me more chips and boost problems wasent solved, so had to remove N75. Car runs very smooth, i got my valve from boostvalve.com , the problems I have is that jabba needs to adjust the timing a bit lower and also lean it a bit, but all will be set when I install my FMIC

Remeber mine is an AGU engine, no map sensor, or it doesnt make any difference ???

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 05/10/2004 12:44:15

I have an AUM engine so it will fit i presume? Did you install it yourself Bill? If so how easy was it?

Mine was fitted by Jabba when I was IHI'd Feb 2003

Did'nt know Mike had sorted the non dbw adjuster.. Golfy did'nt have a working version that much I know. [^]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts