Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a car mag yesterday and on the front cover was the ne mk 6 golf. i must say it looks rather tasty. also next to it was the new R36. mmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Just tried to find pics on the net but to no avail, There was plenty of talk about it tho. Anyway does that mean someone wants to sell me their .:R to me cheaply ??? No didnt think so.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Not sure about the rear end.

Seems a bit strange that VW are toying with a mk6 when they have only just released the mk5 not long ago. I was under the impression VW left each mk of Golf run about 5 years?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Dont get to excited it is afterall from that magazine that loves a photoshop and if you look at it it has exactly that audi rear lights the VW eunos front lights etc.

The reason they have brought forward the mk6 is due to the awful sales of the mk5 and spiralling costs of the mk5, apprently I have heard that they actually lose money on the mk5s due to excessive prodution time, 50hours per car vs 20hours per car for a focus.

The mk6 was due a 2010 release so expect now in 2008.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Seems a bit strange that VW are toying with a mk6 when they have only just released the mk5 not long ago
From what I've read the production time and cost to make the mkv is very high compared to rival manufacturers and this is hitting VW's profitability. I guess the mkv will be the last Golf to be engineered without cost being the main factor.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Agreed. I much prefer the mk4 R32.

As for the mk5 costing them too much money on the production line, lets hope that whatever they do to get this figure down doesnt affect the overall quality of the finished product.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like the look from the front, but the view from the side just screams Alfra Romeo 147! I still think that it is way too early for a new golf, it'll ruin the image and the name "Golf". Plus it'll mess up the Anniversary models in the future!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure about the rear end.

Seems a bit strange that VW are toying with a mk6 when they have only just released the mk5 not long ago. I was under the impression VW left each mk of Golf run about 5 years?
A geezer told me the other week at the Audi garage that the MK6 isnt to far away.

The front grill detail looks very much like the new audi's

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks like an Alfa to me too. Dont think I like it, plus its too early for a new Golf, i'm still coming to terms with the MK5 (sorry mk5 owners)

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Sorry to pee on the mk5 owners club but i personally think that the new
mk6 should of been the mk5 from the beginning. But the mk5 gti is a
work of art though so i cant knock the whole mk5 range [:D]

Sat

·
Registered
66 Posts
that is so so so nice i want one!!!! If i start saving now i might just be able to afford 1 when they come out! bottom of the range mind you!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts