1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If yes?

were are they??

And what make model are you running?

I was running autometer in my cossie's and was thinking of getting the same??

Nick b

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have an autometer in my car, although i didnt put it in. Works fine, only problem is it has a crap yellow light, anyone know where i can get a l.e.d to match the cabin?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I put one in mine last year. My thinking was I can get one to exactly match but it's expensive or get one that is kind of nearly at a fraction of the cost.

So i went kind of nearly.

There is a picture here as well as a how to.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by turbo paul on 10/09/2004 18:46:17

i have got vdo gauges that i bought from here http://www.autosystems.ie/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=72_73&products_id=1033

it comes with the perfect match leds so lights up a nice blue.[:)] the gauges look really nice and oem in the panel. i have got a brushed ali panel instead of the black plastic one and i think it was the same price.

Paul, have you got any pictures of the brushed alu 3 gauge panel fitted in your car with the other alu bits with it?

Is it a good match?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I currently have a cheep guage fitted in my cubby hole above my stereo.Bought thsi when i raised the boost on my car.

I am however just waiting to fit my 42 draft guages with perfect match leds.

Ordered from the states from 42 and got my cousin to send over as a "gift"

cost me ?130 with the exchange rate back in Nov.You get oil temp,oil pressure and boost guage all the wiring, perfect match leds and a comprehensive fitting booklet with instructions for fitting to the golf.

cant wait to fit em as the cheapo guage i have is so not matching the interior.

Ideally i would have got the autometer cobalt range but

a) They dont do an oil temp in that range

b) They oil pressure and boost guage alone would have cost around

?360 before i even bought a third gague or wiring and panel to mount them.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Sem on 01/01/2005 22:26:13

oooh those look pretty sweet, best boost guage/dials i've seen so far!

These are really catching my eye at present:

www.autosystems.ie/catalog/index.php?cPath=72_79

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
They are rather nice arent they?

Im considering selling my Gamma and 6 disc dash changer and buying a Becker Mexico Pro.

That will leave me a spare DIN for the Alu 3 gauge holder - Boost, A/F maybe? and another [:D]

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Got this supposedly as a temporary solution until my digital in-dash one was completed. However, that project is on hold as I'm so busy with other things and this one is lasting longer than planned. It's not the NewSouth pod, this one is offset so it does not block the central display.

Posted Image

·
Registered
581 Posts
Quote: posted by Stewart on 02/01/2005 09:14:18

Paul, i have the same boost gauge, does yours sit on zero when the engine is off?

Yes it does mate. Doesn't yours?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts