Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As the title says, im looking for some speakers to replace all 4 speakers at the front, so the two big ones which i think are 6.5" and space for two 2" tweeters.

Any recommendations? Also does anyone know the Rms/max watts for the stock speakers? As i want something that would give me more bass without getting a sub. Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have found a 6" 16cm 2 Way Speaker Set 220 Watts Max and 70W RMS, will these be considered an upgrade from the stock speakers?

I have already installed an aftermarket HU.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its made by sony with a power rating of 4x30W [doh]

My cars only got the 4 speakers at the front though, not all 8, so wont more power go to the front rather than being distrubuted to all 8?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only reason i dont want to change the current aftermarket HU i got is that its got a USB and memory card reader, so i can easily connect my mobile phone to it which is kinda useful :p

I just wanted better sound quality/bass so i thought replacing the stock speakers would be the best thing to do as everyone is saying theyre 20W rms, so surely if i put some 70W rms in there, it should do me some justice?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ooo thats pretty cool, is that the price for one speaker or both?

Also it says its 150W max, whats the RMS? Would it play better than a 70W rms 220W max speaker?

Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could you explain to me the difference between full range and component systems? because from the sounds of it, i think im looking for the mid/range mid/bass as its got the word bass lol [:D]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Lets hope you did not just buy the Phonocars mids !! you will need to buy a cross over and tweeter to match !!

The Rainbows are classy speakers , but the sony headunit will not be doing them much favor.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok thanks, funny thing is, i was looking at the specs for the £18 one that had 70W rms and 220W peak, for some reason all its specs were better than others that costed like £40+, even ones at halfords. I dunno why =s for example it had a wider frequency range, higher power output etc.

So yeah, im planning to get it from the shops tomorrow, or is it a mistake?

Lol I dont mind if the £18 isn't as good as the £40 one but just one question im interested in, is the £18 better than the stock in quality/bass? I dont really care about brand name, no ones going to see it anyway lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update!

Just changed my head-unit to a JVC KD-R601 which gives 4x50W [<:eek:)]

Will swapping my stock speakers to the 70W RMS 220W max help me now?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
why sony or JVC? both of them are crap. If you can, buy a Pioneer as it will have a better amp stage .

forget specs.... your talking about cheapo speakers that are from cheapo companies that print any old rubbish.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
=s the jvc is soo cool though :eek: and I dont want speakers that cost too much as im swapping my 1.4 golf to a 1.9tdi in august anyway, I just want something to keep my running thats better than stock, so idk...i guess the only way to found out is to buy one if no one gona tell me lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks The Allstar, that link only tells me how to and what size etc, but at the moment im looking for a specific one, Im looking for one that can give me better bass, if anyone can find me a good one from halfords or a shop i can actually visit instead of ordering online, then thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts