Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to get my Bora serviced next month, and may need a few extra's this time round (hadex filter/bushes etc), so looking for recommendations.

Been to main dealers in last few years just for the stamp really, but time to switch to an independant who I can rely on.

Any help/suggestions appreciated!

Cheers Guys

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've looked around, there's one in Kidderminster (can't remember the name), one in Alcester (David Lees) but is in Warwickshire, and all the others seem to be in Brum.
I've not personally used David Lees but the GF's family use him with no problems.
I use Listers VW myself. Got the car on a maintenance plan which includes MOT's- works out cheaper so might be worthh looking into that?
Also had my haldex serviced by Listers, they only quoted me £50 for oil and filter change so I had them do it as it seems to be alot cheaper than most independants for the Haldex

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not bad for the Haldex, expected it to be more than that at main dealers. Shame really as I try to avoid Listers and use North Street Motors in Oddington, as they always beat them on price. Davis Lees sounds like an option as Alcester is only 10 mins down the road from me.

Cheers for the suggestions

·
Registered
292 Posts
Something else with Listers is they have a price match promise of 10miles.
So you could for example get a quote from David Lees in Alcester and then get Listers VW in stratford to price match them as D.Lees use genuine parts and according to Google maps are 9.7miles away [:p]

·
Registered
655 Posts
It's good to know guys about Listers and D.Lees. Just few days ago I've been quoted by VW main dealer in Redditch for gearbox and Haldex oil change for 282 GBP. It's a JOKE.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's good to know guys about Listers and D.Lees. Just few days ago I've been quoted by VW main dealer in Redditch for gearbox and Haldex oil change for 282 GBP. It's a JOKE.
I was in Redditch VW earlier and they were empty... Sat there twiddling thumbs! Would have thought they'd be trying harder to get your custom

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got two quotes today - one from North Street Motors in Oddington the other Listers VW Evesham. North Street said minor service was around £130 and major service £160. Add £40 to do Haldex and £60-£80 for Spark Plugs.

Listers are quoting fixed price major service at £249 including Spark Plugs,Oil Filter, Pollen Filter, Fuel Filter etc. And extra £59 for Haldex. But only said they would consider price match if provide written quote from another garage.

Oddington wins again.........how can they vary so much?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Got two quotes today - one from North Street Motors in Oddington the other Listers VW Evesham. North Street said minor service was around £130 and major service £160. Add £40 to do Haldex and £60-£80 for Spark Plugs.

Listers are quoting fixed price major service at £249 including Spark Plugs,Oil Filter, Pollen Filter, Fuel Filter etc. And extra £59 for Haldex. But only said they would consider price match if provide written quote from another garage.

Thats only £30-£50 difference between Independant and main dealer which isn't alot IMO
I'd have expected £100 difference, but it's still £30-£50 in your pocket!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thats only £30-£50 difference between Independant and main dealer which isn't alot IMO
I'd have expected £100 difference, but it's still £30-£50 in your pocket!
North Street are a main dealer, just a bit more remote (about 20mins tucked away in cotswolds), thats why I thought they would be similar quotes.

Decided to go for main dealer again for stamp in book as selling the Bora now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts