Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anybody has done this and whats the best paint to use? I was thinking of colour coding my green with white writing, anyone got any pics of theres?

Cheers

gecko

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That Looks AWESOME mate, Cheers, a bit of photoshop loving going on there me thinks. It looks really smart, I'm over the moon with that mate. Thanks [:D][H]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
painted mine gloss black with some halfords paint and some lacuer(sp) and polished my intake by hand i think there is a guide on here somewhere. still got numb fingers to this day lol

not the best pic.was taken with my phone.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i painted mine and the airbox and battery box.luckily for me i work in a factory that paints factory fit spoilers and bumpers.[:)].

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks graygti, how did you go about polishing it, did it take you long?

What colour did you do yours bigalvw? Any pics?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi w16lam, was on the link above and found this for you, dupli color engine enamel not to sure what paint it is but the guy who did his on the link didn't use primer and sprayed it on.

Anyone got any ideas if its heat resistant, and where to get it from?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Thanks graygti, how did you go about polishing it, did it take you long?

What colour did you do yours bigalvw? Any pics?
you have to use wet and dry starting with course and getting finer and i finished it off with some metal polish. took about 4 hours could do with a little more work theres some deep lines still in it. would be ALOT easier if it was of the engine...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks mate, I might give that a try when the weather warms up a bit, looks loads nicer polished.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i'm in the process of painting the engine cover for my car, will post up pics of it when its finished, along with the other bits n pieces thats to be done.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice one mate, I look forward to seeing it [:)] whoooooooooops, don't know what happend here lol [:)]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts