Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out of curiosity is there anyone on here having problems with either 3 or t mobile? im on 3 and my girlfriend is on t mobile and she isnt recieving my messages. i can get her messages and i can call her and im not having any other problems with anyone else. she said she rang t mobile and they said theres nothing wrong with her phone and i rang 3 and they seem stumped by it. but now shes saying she cant get any messages from her sister who is also on 3. her brother who is on t mobile i believe is recieving messages from me though. she said she tried to ring t mobile again and she said they said theres nothing wrong with t mobile and basically hung up on here......

wondering if anyone on either 3 or t mobile are having any problems?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think there is something going on here. I'm on Vodafone and my girlfriend is on O2 and she'll not get my texts for ages then gets a few at once when she makes a call connection. O2 are having a problem in her area and Vodafone are revamping their network to make up lost ground on O2.

Not having a go but I had T-moble, Orange and 3 phones before and they are all on the central reservation of the A2 [:mad:]

Prob just the whole mobile network being updated and we just gotta suck it up?

Mark.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could be. ive had been with 3 for years and never really had any major problems. apart from the help people can be a bit hard to understand but i never had problems with them.

problem is tho she just doesnt get my messages at all. i can send her media messages tho....... weird.

·
Registered
169 Posts
See mine get there when she calls to tell me off for not texting her back [:)] She does it a lot too. You'd think she'd catch on? [brick]

·
Registered
942 Posts
I used to find replying to a message on one of the networks either T-Mobile or O2 (can't remember which) didn't work, but a new message would.

Wife and I are on 3, and my Wife was having trouble replying to her sister the other day. I don't know if the SIL is on T-Mobile or O2.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
it's possible that t-mobile are being affected by the merging of orange and t-mobile. if you text yes to i think its 2121 you will recive orange and t-mobile signal. that may sort it?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's possible that t-mobile are being affected by the merging of orange and t-mobile. if you text yes to i think its 2121 you will recive orange and t-mobile signal. that may sort it?
didnt know n e thing about this? might get her to try this later. you know for sure if that is the number?

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
didnt know n e thing about this? might get her to try this later. you know for sure if that is the number?
Look for it on the orange website and you can sign up there for free to have this.

Its ace, as orange have crap signal! So now i get it most of the time wherever I am.

Loads of people i know on O2 require two phone calls to actually get through lately, you phone them once and get a recorded message for O2 voicemail, they get no notification of this, try again 2 seconds later it works. And this is from an orange AND vodaphone phone.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
had this with me and the gf both on t mobile couldnt send or recive texts just came up with a X next to text but could ring

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got her to send the message and still had the problem but last night at a christmas meal all i heard was a noise for her getting a message for about 50 seconds straight. all the messages i sent over about 3 or 4 days came through all at once which meant i got loads of delivery reports.

so now i check it every once in a while to make sure and so far so good. looks like its all ok now.

must of been phone contstapation. so hopefully alls good now.....

happy christmas.

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
I get some work jobs via text from an insurance firm. The last time I got one a couple of days ago, the whole text got broken up somehow, and each word arrived as a single text message. Couldn't make head or tail of it. Asked them to resend, and it did the same again. So I asked for the details over the phone instead. Then an hour later a proper text came through with all the stuff properly formatted.

I'm on Vodafone, and the text was coming from Orange.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Sometimes I will not recieve a text for 3 days, then get all of them at once in a random order. Really anoying as it often crashes the phone and fills the memory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts