Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mid you, I also saw the same seller has a set of Black/Blue Recaros for sale if anyone is looking for some(Foxy?) but it's not clear if they are 3 or 5 door models

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
my mate knows of a breaker who is selling 5 door leather recaros, they are from a 03 plate 4 motion - £700

PM me for more info (not email, PM!)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Something very dodgy going on there, 0 feedback plus paypal only? What if i preferred to pick them up and pay cash? Like i say very dodgy.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 02/05/2004 11:52:31

Something very dodgy going on there, 0 feedback plus paypal only? What if i preferred to pick them up and pay cash? Like i say very dodgy.

I've emailed the seller twice to ask that and got no reply.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I also asked if i could collect em and pay cash, no reply lol!! You'd be a FOOL to paypal this guy for the seats!

Also he is selling some 'full leather' astra G seats which are blatently half.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
OMG, it just went for £1850! I put a bid in for £1900, thought what the hell so their reserve musta been 2k!

Feck, think ill just buy the front seats brand new at circa £590 per seat and get the rears re-trimmed!

I've emailed the winning bidder asking him/her to let us know how they got on...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Stewart on 03/05/2004 14:12:11

OMG, it just went for £1850! I put a bid in for £1900, thought what the hell so their reserve musta been 2k!

If you bid £1900 then why didnt you win it?

There was no reserve on the auction and if the winner had bid more then surely the end price would have been £1900?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
it just ended as i was bidding..

Sorry, what i meant was that i was in a bidding war from £1250 and i was always outbid al the way till the biiding ended so im assuming that he's put 2k in as his reserve...

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
£1850!?!?! I may be the only one who doesn't actually like the R32 seats, but thats big money in anyones book. Id love to see how this transaction turns out, very dodgy and some poor bloke is about to hand over the best part of £2k.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Stewart on 03/05/2004 14:43:51

it just ended as i was bidding..

Damn, a very nice setup as well [:(!]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Normally my broadband decides to slow up just as im putting in a last second bid on ebay! Unlucky Stewart [:(]

The big thing i find with the R32 seats is the 'wings'..... shoulder support, for me anyway, being 6'2, makes a huge difference over my Recaro's.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
im not that bothered anyway, way over the odds if you ask me, be interesting to see whether the auction was genuine or not, im awaiting a reply from the winner...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I just think it destroys the basis of what ebay is designed to do.... ie offer an auction on a level playing field. I can understand why it is used, however not sure if it is right! [:)] and don't worry I dont think less of its users!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts