Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
A good mod especially if you've got orange repeaters! The olds ones just pop out when you get a screwdriver or somethin to prise them out with! My car came with smoked green repeaters but they broke, shame cos they looked cool! Or do what I ended up doing n get rid of them completely! Ha.  Good luck

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If your lucky you'll find you can get em out without ne tools! jus go up to them, and slide them one way or the other, and they should pull out! It is a bit tricky, but i prefer it to taking a screwdriver to em! [:D]

·
Registered
187 Posts
i put these on mine they look soo much better

the old ones should just push out use ur nails first to push them away from you then pull out that should do it

·
Registered
92 Posts
If your careful you should be fine! Just use a cloth under the screwdriver, too much force may break the edges that hold them in, not a good idea if your gonna sell them afterwards! I took em off n welded  a plate over them, obviously had to paint the wings!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
You don't need a screwdriver, just make sure it's all clean and dry and use your hands. However, those don't look like the genuine VW units, they are missing the very subtle ribs in the lens directly over the bulb cap. As such, you won't be guaranteed of the quality (genuine ones don't leak or mist up like a lot aftermarket copies)

Posted Image

vs genuine part

Posted Image

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've got the genuine vw one's fitted, and the twit who did my last MOT told me to get orange bulbs or next time he would fail me!!!  i thought they had orange bulbs aready from the original repeaters.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
they are missing the very subtle ribs in the lens directly over the bulb cap.
Sorry, what are we supposed to be looking at? I don't see anything...

Don't know whether I should get a set of these or just keep the normal clear ones on [*-)]

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think what he means are the very small ripple type things over the face of the plastic in the middle. If you look right in the corner of the picture i think you can just about make it out. The genuine ones look to have a wavey bit on the front. Not sure if im too bothered about that though

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I think what he means are the very small ripple type things over the face of the plastic in the middle. If you look right in the corner of the picture i think you can just about make it out.
Yeah that's what I mean. Do I need to take another pic, Cat? [;)]

I really think the VW crystal design side repeaters are exquisite in every way, I could probably write a book about them. Notice now that VW is integrating side repeaters into the wing mirrors, Ford is using VW side repeaters, but the old style totally orange (on my work's 54-plate Fiesta) or like this on current models

Posted Image

not like this (just for you, Cat)

Posted Image

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh well, Its too late now...God damn ebay! Nevermind, I dont think they look too bad, just better make sure I dont damage the original ones when i take em out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have them on that exact car, same alloys, same colour, also just bought the Hella green rear lights for it, have not arrived yet, should come on Monday, but they also should look good with the green theme! Mine appear to be the genuine VW ones rather than compatible ones, but they make it look smarter than the yellow effect with that nice green tone.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
You might also need orange/silver bulbs as the standard ones you have might be clear as you have orange indicators.

It will look 100 times better just by changing them around [H]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts