Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a EVOMS CAI pipe from GTI GADGE which is a good job, also ordered silcone coupler and already have a filter for it. I want to know what bracket fixes the pipe to the inner wing, anyone have pictures of it? it screws into the pipe about 1/2 way down and then goes onto the ineer wing. Also what do you think of the kit?

Cheers

·
Registered
716 Posts
Alright mate,

I've got one of these on my AGU and have sent pics to Adam. It's a great product, gives you a nice dump sound along with cooler air which is ideal. Best thing i've bought myself for a long time!!

Gadge

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
how will this sound to the carbonio? i know it wont be as good? i was told to avoid the metal intake pipes due to they abosorb heat.so thats why i wasthinking about this one.

are those hp figures crap lol? surely they cant expect that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i have had evo v flow intake fitted

for about 2 weeks now well worth the money

cars a lot smother intake noise is brilliant sounds like darth vader

only proplem with it is it doesent bolt down to enything so il

have to make some kind of brackets up

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
how will this sound to the carbonio? i know it wont be as good? i was told to avoid the metal intake pipes due to they abosorb heat.so thats why i wasthinking about this one.

It will sound indentical to a carbonio. Mine does. Only thing I don't like about the cai's is how they tend to be the water drain for the engine bay. Next time it's been raining, open the bonnet and watch how the water in the side of the engine bay drains right down the tube and down off the filter..

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

It will sound indentical to a carbonio. Mine does. Only thing I don't like about the cai's is how they tend to be the water drain for the engine bay. Next time it's been raining, open the bonnet and watch how the water in the side of the engine bay drains right down the tube and down off the filter..
thats scary......VERY

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

thats scary......VERY
Yeah well I thought so.. but, loads of people run them and you don't hear of continual hydrolocking and mine has been on since may and been in all weathers, hot, cold, soaking wet, torrential rain, bone dry and has been fine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree with statements on Hydrolock, I have had a Carbonio CAI fitted since Summer and even drove back through that downpour of rain on the last "No Rice" event in Fleet I mean i drive it daily through rain and havent seen any issues, I think the real issue is actually submersing the damn thing in water! which to me would mean crossing a shallow river of some sort - which I beleive you would not use a golf for?!

HTH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.