Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'd use the search but it seems to be borked. My downpipe / cat on my 115PD is screwed basically and VW charge something ludicrous like ?400 for a new downpipe cat but Awesome GTI offer the Milltek one for a mere ?125 - FAR more appealing! MOT is on its way in a month or two's time and my car is irritatingly loud at the moment thanks to the two sections of exhaust basically not even being joined together.. so has anyone got one of these on their car and would they reccomend them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I've got the Milltek downpipe and cat-back sections on my 110 TDI and I love it!

Adds more grunt / willingness to rev for what I deem very little extra noise - does sound more meaty but isn't intrustive

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm.. cool.. see i'm not really all that fussed about performance gains - I just begrudge paying VW almost 4x the price for the same bloody item!

So it doesn't make all that much more noise then? And no problems at MOT time with emissions, etc?

Thanks for the response! Couldn't believe no-one had one of them fitted! :)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The car passed the MOT emissions test with no probs. I do most of my mileage on motorways and A-roads so the sound can't be that bad?

If you like in the south, I'll happily take you for a spin if you can ignore the vibration from the dogbone mount bushes! LOL

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm up in the West Midlands mate but many thanks for the offer! The milltek one is going to be the one I buy regardless - the cost difference vs the VW is just too great for me to think any other way. I'll let you know via PM whether it does my head in after its fitted tho!

If, as you say, it does feel a bit more eager to drive though it'll be fun. Just had the major service as I said before and the car feels SO much more fresh and nippy than it has done in a long time.. reckon with this milltek pipe too it'll feel like a different car!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi got a quick question. Does the milltek down pipe have a new cat or is it a de-cat. I really wana get a turbo back milltek for my 130 but mot is looming and i dont no what the deal is for cats and mots. Will it pass without one fitted or should i wait till after mot for fitment.

thanks neil.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to what a nice chap from Awesome GTI told me, the Milltek downpipe still acts as a 'soot collector' hence it having no problems passing the emissions test - whilst not a full blown catalyst, it does some of the work the catalyst would do apparently! :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got the Milltek downpipe and cat-back sections on my 110 TDI and I love it!

Adds more grunt / willingness to rev for what I deem very little extra noise - does sound more meaty but isn't intrustive
I've got the same system on mine and can only agree. The first thing you'll notice is the willingness to pull at lower revs as the turbo spools up a lot quicker. As you're modding why not put a green cotton panel filter in as well and make the best of making your motor breath better.

And as Mister_E has offered if you're not to far away (west mids area) you can have a spin in mine.

Rob

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the offer mate but I am definately getting the new pipe now regardless.. i'm just flat out not paying VAG prices for a new one!

My car sounds so dire at the moment.. undrivably loud and now a weird side effect is occasionally a loud turbo wastegate type whistle when changing gears.. its awful. I need to get this part ordered from Awesome GTI tomorrow morning sharp.

·
Registered
180 Posts
cheers also for the info lads ill defo go for it also. which tailpipes does every one think looks best on the bora i was kinda thinking of the 4motion style.(( sorry jimsg60 for nicking your thread)).

neil.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't mind mate - makes sense to have a single discussion about it rather than multiple threads on the same subject! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cheers for the offer mate but I am definately getting the new pipe now regardless.. i'm just flat out not paying VAG prices for a new one!

My car sounds so dire at the moment.. undrivably loud and now a weird side effect is occasionally a loud turbo wastegate type whistle when changing gears.. its awful. I need to get this part ordered from Awesome GTI tomorrow morning sharp.
I'm thinking about getting one of these too. Jimsg60, did you eventually get one? If so, how much did it cost to get it fitted and is it at all boomy? And did your motor pass its MOT? Awesome are currently offering it for ?111 plus a further 15% off for members of this site.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi

You beat me to it.

We do have the discount running at the moment with Milltek so it is worth looking in to the prices at the moment with this offer.

Sarah

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi sarah how much are we selling the miltek at the moment with dicount and vat + p&p.

and will it fit my 110 tdi.

joolstdi

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi

For this with discount , including postage and including VAT it would be 123.39

This fits the Mk4 Golf 110 , 115 , 130 and 150bhp diesels.

There will be about a weeks wait for these at Milltek

Hope this helps you all.

Sarah

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have been running the full miltek system for over 2.5 yrs. On my car the front pipe enables the turbo to start pulling from about 1200 rpm whereas before it was about 1400-1500rpm.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've had one on my tdi 150 for about 6 months - money well spent, the car eats hills for breakfast!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi

For this with discount , including postage and including VAT it would be 123.39

This fits the Mk4 Golf 110 , 115 , 130 and 150bhp diesels.

There will be about a weeks wait for these at Milltek

Hope this helps you all.

Sarah
Sarah,

I intend to keep the original rear part of my exhaust as there's nothing wrong with that bit. Will the Milltek downpipe fit easily onto this part, or do I require some sort of connecting flange? If so, do awesome sell them? Cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts