Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been down (at least for me) for the past 3 days now coming up with 'sorry, we can't find ebuyer.co.uk'

Ive got a credit note on there and I want to use it!!! [:'(]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must be something to do with certain IP's that cannot get in then. As long as it's not just me!

They will be loosing hundreds of thousands though! Not through just me I would like to add!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
can you get to www.ebuyer.co.uk right now?!

I have tried it at work, at home....cannot get there.
Me neither....

"The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.ebuyer.co.uk/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.ebuyer.co.uk

This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
Check if the address is correct."blah blah blah !

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never had a problem with ebuyer in the slightest. That is, when I can get on the website. The .com version won't work either, keeps timing out....gonna have to go to Novatech or somewhere.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I think they've had a warehouse move recently which is causing problems - I was due a monitor last week but got someone elses flash drives instead - they are great when it all goes well but when it goes wrong its very long-winded to sort things out.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
ebuyer.co.uk works fine for me, and has for last few days too, cos been looking on there. Thats both at home and at work its been ok.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Site works fine for me. Their prices are good but that's about it. The site is poorly designed and customer service isn't good.

I tend to use Casetech.co.uk - partly cos my mate is co-director but
they offer good customer service and a well designed site. Prices are
higher but I don't mind that.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Although considerably later, it's working here. They've probably lost a leg on one of the webservers, hence it's only affecting certain people. Bog all you can do about it to, as the redirector's normally remember which channel you were using and stick you to it [;)]

As for hte service, I've made a screw up before, which they immediately rectified with a return, and I've had a warranty claim via them which was instantly dealt with. Ebuyer are my "online tech shop" of choice above anyone else.

·
Registered
464 Posts
They are in the process of having a new warehouse constructed - a big un' too.  This may explain some of the stocking/delivery mix ups recently - hopefully they should be ack on track once this warehouse is up and running.  Its just a field at the moment though.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
ordered a hard drive from them about 3 weeks ago ... STILL havent
received it. Its near impossible to actually contact them and when I
do, they dont do much and keep telling me to wait. Won't be using them
again - not after what Ive been put through.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts