Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i ordered a set of aero wipers / arms etc from this guy on ebay, his feedback is really good but.

I ordered these goods on the 20th of december and i still havent recieved them, its really strange as i have spoken to him a couple of times and apparently the goods have been signed for but i def havent recieved them. Anyway he promised he would claim and send me a set out last friday, its now tuesday and guess what? NO WIPERS. Now i can't get through to him and he doesn't answer emails what can i do. The money has cleared.

any help would be awesome!!

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered the polo rear wiper just before xmas, 21st I think, came around 10 days later......did mail them a few times and they mailed back.....xmas post may be to blame mate...

only thing was the actual wiper end was snapped where it clips to the rails....had to bodge it with superglue but seems fine.....(unless they are meant to be like this??) ;-)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Yes, i've had to wait longer than expected for some items, but he did respond to my emails when I ask "what was going on?" I got my goods so it's only the length on delivery really. 

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently ordered something from him too, it did take a long time to get through, about 10 or so days, but as always during christmas time, its a normal thing I guess.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Beware of ebay.....yes for a lot of the time its OK...but when items don't arrive......

I had this, went through all the hoops that ebay and pay pal insisted
on, eventualy got my money back via pay pal but less the 'admin fee'
that ebay charge. It is listed in the disputes section somewhere. Ebay
in my opinion make it as hard as possible to resolve disputes to put
you off! They dont have a phone number, and are hopeless at
answering emails. Luckily the ammount I was disputing was small, but I
was contacted by another seller that was in dispute at the same
time with the same seller for several hundreds of pounds. the sellers
feedback was good, but in the space of about 3 days they took
over ?5000 from different sellers and then dissapeared. Even the police
were involved and ebay would not or could not provide genuiene contact
details of the seller. And from info I have been given the seller is
back on ebay under a different user name. If you have a transaction
with someone, and request their contact details via ebay, what is
provided is not verified by ebay so could b completely false (as was
the case)...so just beware and if you do have problems you will never
get all your money back from ebay as they charge a fee to give it back!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I bought some aero wipers from Dummonkeyz, waited nearly 14 days for them, when e-mailing them he said they were in the post, eventually when they arrived, the date on the stamp (the ones they print at the post office) showed it was only posted 3 days prior to me recieving it.

So yI had to wait 11 days for them to 'have a think about it'. I wont be using them again - I can get stuff quicker from other people..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, after trying to contact this guy via email, numerous phone calls, voice mails etc And no joy i have reported this to paypal/ebay and i am waiting for a refund. Or to be honest i just want the sodding wipers!

My advice don't buy from this prick!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ask him for the tracking number so you can see for yourself whether it has been signed for.
asked him said he was doing it for me, he never got back in touch, so i tried contacting and its impossible now!

·
Registered
637 Posts
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE!

Why are you buying from "DubMonkeyz" or whatever the monkey is called?!?!

Bet you I can supply them CHEAPER, QUICKER and with friendly service [;)]

Look forward to your PM's....hehe

Cheers
C

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE!

Why are you buying from "DubMonkeyz" or whatever the monkey is called?!?!

Bet you I can supply them CHEAPER, QUICKER and with friendly service [;)]

Look forward to your PM's....hehe

Cheers
C
Yep folks, Shaq IS the man!! I have bought a lot off stuff of him, not one problem!

·
Registered
487 Posts
10 days delivery isn't bad. If you order tthings on some websites things can take up to 28 days.

In fact I think ebay states maximum time for delivery 28days, or something like that.

Not a problem I don't think unless he stated otherwise.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Beware of ebay.....yes for a lot of the time its OK...but when items don't arrive......
I had this, went through all the hoops that ebay and pay pal insisted on, eventualy got my money back via pay pal but less the 'admin fee' that ebay charge. It is listed in the disputes section somewhere. Ebay in my opinion make it as hard as possible to resolve disputes to put you off! They dont have a phone number, and are hopeless at answering emails. Luckily the ammount I was disputing was small, but I was contacted by another seller that was in dispute at the same time with the same seller for several hundreds of pounds. the sellers feedback was good, but in the space of about 3 days they took over ?5000 from different sellers and then dissapeared. Even the police were involved and ebay would not or could not provide genuiene contact details of the seller. And from info I have been given the seller is back on ebay under a different user name. If you have a transaction with someone, and request their contact details via ebay, what is provided is not verified by ebay so could b completely false (as was the case)...so just beware and if you do have problems you will never get all your money back from ebay as they charge a fee to give it back!!
Yeah my girlfriends brother got done by this - I think it is probably the same person. He paid them ?300 for a new X-box and they done a runner with the dollar. The trouble is he was going to pay via paypal but there was a problem so he ended up paying by another method (not sure how) therefore he cannot get any money back. They have good feedback coz I think they set up other fake users and bid for there own items obviously winning and putting on good feedback.

Got to be so careful!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to come back to this topic, this guys i having a laugh, I still havent recieved them and the tracking number seems to think they have been delivered in chichester!

Rob

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sorry to come back to this topic, this guys i having a laugh, I still havent recieved them and the tracking number seems to think they have been delivered in chichester!

Rob
How did you pay for the goods did you use PayPal??

Ask them to confrim the tracking ID and say they have not been sent to me can you get me a copy of the signature that was used when they were signed for and the address where they were sent to.. With this info you should have some idea what has gone on.

IF you paid through PayPal you have slightly more protection than not. But even paying via other means you can do things to resolve matters

Cheers
C

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
If your going to make a claim thru Paypal then i'd start the process soon, you've only got around 10 days left.

If the wipers appear in the meantime you can always cancel the claim.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i say get his postal address from ebay so you can send him a letter and insed all of us go and park out side his house lmao[:p]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gonna phone royal mail tomorrow, payed through paypal started the claim about 11 days ago, he gave me the tracking i.d. in his response just before his initial ten days were up. Gonna request the signature tomorrow!

I am going to start a boycott dubmonkeyz crew!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts