Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if so how much did it cost and when did you get it done,any probs with your car,and is the smile still there?[*]

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
their web site lists their prices buddy

i aint heard of anyone complain about them, all good service

i say pop in and see them and see what they are offering for your car

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yep

i got the direct port tuning done for ?575(i think) this included 2 runs before and after on the r/road, good service

although with my 180bhp gti i only managed to move to 200bhp witht the remap, but i sure notice the difference, plus i can switch back to standard at anytime.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does your insurance know about the remap?it's just that my insurance want almost double a year for an extra 45bhp,i thought i had the privilege[:(]

·
Registered
548 Posts
i have not advised them, as in my opinion they are getting enough of me anyway and that the remap is not traceable, and if need be i could return the car to standard software in 3mins if i had to if anyone wanted to check the car, certainly my dealer could not tell the car had been remapped.

its only after adding other physical enhancements would i think of adv them .

but at the end of the day its up to you. shop around and see who's best as double is pretty scary

·
Registered
117 Posts
B44FY

how long did it take Star to do the direct port tuning?

seriously considering getting this done but time is at a premium at the weekends plus i stay at other side of the m8

cheers

joec

·
Registered
548 Posts
i went on a saturday morning and was there for them opening @9am, had to wait on the car cooling off after the drive from edinburgh ,2 runs on the r/r, them fitting which takes no time, their test drive and yours,left there about 1230. i would book in as they are busy, and some people drop in and expect to get work done there and then, which isnt always poss. but phone them and speak to jim he's good & will help you out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have spoke to jim before, very nice guy and very helpful.

my mate got his non drive by wire golf done back in the summer.

i had only just bought my golf when i was up at Star so remapping was not on the cards at that point.

thanks for the reply mate.

joec

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got mine done last April, AUM code, 150hp went to 232hp @ 5900rpms and 238 Torque, was there on saturday with some friends got 221hp @5500rpms and 258 torque, was well chuffed, never had any problems, nly thing I should have got was the switchable programme as my fuel doesnt have disappear, go on get it done

cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
Got mine done last April, AUM code, 150hp went to 232hp @ 5900rpms and 238 Torque, was there on saturday with some friends got 221hp @5500rpms and 258 torque, was well chuffed, never had any problems, nly thing I should have got was the switchable programme as my fuel doesnt have disappear, go on get it done

cheers

what other mods you got mate?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I have thought about Star for a remap too, but their mapped figures dont go any higher than an off the shelf Revo map. I got a run in a lads Octavia VRS which had been mapped at Star and never thought it to be much faster than my standard Toledo with the same engine.

?575 is not the cheapest either.

[/?0.02]

·
Registered
548 Posts
good point DJ horace, i expected more for my dosh, but went for Star as Revo was from a 2nd source so wanted somewhere i could go back to if it went wrong rather than a dealer who could have palmed off.

i noticed you were trying to get intouch with chipped uk about them visiting the bright lights of scotland and if they were doing a similar thing as stars direct port, if you here anything post it on as i maybe interested in this also.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
good point DJ horace, i expected more for my dosh, but went for Star as Revo was from a 2nd source so wanted somewhere i could go back to if it went wrong rather than a dealer who could have palmed off.

i noticed you were trying to get intouch with chipped uk about them visiting the bright lights of scotland and if they were doing a similar thing as stars direct port, if you here anything post it on as i maybe interested in this also.
I am thinking about Revo now to be honest. I contacted Jayson from chippeduk the other night 3 times and he said he would get back to me regarding the tuning in Scotland and if his system will be able to support the "put back to standard" boxes like Star and Revo can provide. He never did so, and as yet has not replied to my post on here. Given that there has been very little feedback or results posted anywhere about them, I think I am going to steer clear of them despite the obvious price advantage.

After seeing Drivers in Glasgow are doing a 10% discount on Revo products, I am now tempted to just go that route and pay the bit extra for stage 2 when I eventually get a decent exhaust for my car (nobody does one for the Toledo it would seem but Jetex might do shortly).

·
Registered
548 Posts
i dis the same and spoke to drivers about their upcoming Revo day, but my only problem, was that if i too k the trial software it meant i wouldn't be able to revert back to my star dpt as it would wipe their software of my ecu, so i guess i will have to be contented with what i have got. ,maybe use the dosh to get the rear Miltek system fitted.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mods, got a jetex panel filter, forge diverter valve, milltek from cat back, also my mate had just got his car revo'd the day before the RR at star, 2000 model, revo say he would get over 200hp, only got 193 @ 5850 rpm's and 218 torque with no mods, star reckon he would have got around 210 with him,

B44fy, when did you get your car done mamte, when I was there asking about the remap there was guy there got his 180 remapped, got 200hp and 230 torque, was that you, went a run with you also that day and your car was pulling very well thru the gears.

cheers

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
good point DJ horace, i expected more for
my dosh, but went for Star as Revo was from a 2nd source so wanted
somewhere i could go back to if it went wrong rather than a dealer who
could have palmed off.
Have you spoke to Jim about this, he might be able to put a more
aggressive map on your car, he normally keeps the maps quite
conservative so that they maintain their TUV approval, but I'm sure if you
request more he can do that, better doing that than shelling out for a
new remap unneccesarily.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Mods, got a jetex panel filter, forge diverter valve, milltek from cat back, also my mate had just got his car revo'd the day before the RR at star, 2000 model, revo say he would get over 200hp, only got 193 @ 5850 rpm's and 218 torque with no mods, star reckon he would have got around 210 with him,

B44fy, when did you get your car done mamte, when I was there asking about the remap there was guy there got his 180 remapped, got 200hp and 230 torque, was that you, went a run with you also that day and your car was pulling very well thru the gears.

cheers
Yeh that was me, i see from the prev post you get yours done, i remember it was yourself who told me about this site(ukmkivs), yeh the cars good thru the gears but i get a flat spot that is not there when in stnd, and it really bugs me now, swapped to optimax and even use millers but cant shake it off. would prefer a smooth climb up thru, but its good dont get me wrong.switcheable is also good so the wife doesn't go mental as she is only been driving for a 1yr.everyone with a 150bhp model seems to get a better increase than people with the 180bhp model any reason for this?

as she

1 - 20 of 71 Posts