Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think I have the guts to do it until I see it, also with mine being a 1.6 the brakes ain't that big and so painting them bright orange will only accentuate that. My original plan was to go for something neutral - matt black, gun metal grey (current favourite).

How about you paint your Mk3's orange for me to see first [:D][Y]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I don't think I have the guts to do it until I see it, also with mine being a 1.6 the brakes ain't that big and so painting them bright orange will only accentuate that. My original plan was to go for something neutral - matt black, gun metal grey (current favourite).

How about you paint your Mk3's orange for me to see first [:D][Y]
Ha, you wouldnt be able to see them anyway.

If you don't like the orange, paint over it in black.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Be warned,

A relentless wave of jokes about Outspans and Jaffa's, especially Jaffa's will start if you do [:p]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
It is! Go for it! Whats the worst that can happen? You paint over it in black!

Get some hammerite, wicked stuff, not sure if it comes in orange, I have a few tins of unopened colours!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
6 degrees of separation,

Orange = Jaffa = Jaf-far = Stargate = Tilk = Holgram on head = Rimmer !

Do want want to be called Rimmer ? cos that's what'll happen. Perhaps Walrus will be along and start being filty about Jaffas soon.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Let me just get my shades! [H]

Bling! Especially on your car. Send me over a decent pic of your calipers. You don't have multispoke wheels do you!? Will be a nightmare!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

Bling! Especially on your car. Send me over a decent pic of your calipers. You don't have multispoke wheels do you!? Will be a nightmare!
That looks pretty good against your paint. Could you photochop mine pink to match the paint? [:)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts

That looks pretty good against your paint. Could you photochop mine pink to match the paint? [:)]
Shiuming, you got mail.

Adi, you actually want yours pink of you having a laugh?!

My calipers are actually yellow, not orange, just a photochop

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good effort, but ya see, that makes the calipers look tiiiiny [:(]

Or how about this, better pic, there is more to the caliper than the bit you re-coloured, there are some bits above and below the two pads that make it look slightly bigger?

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stop perving! [:p] We're talking about my brake calipers! [:D]

Mmm, like what you've done there... Wow... Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
shiuming, good choice of colour of clothes to work on your brakes mate !!!  How do you keep them so clean ???  I only have to open the boot and look at the wheel brace and I get dirty !!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts