Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 2.8 v6 4 motion or have driven one?? im looking at swapping my golf cabrio for one and would like to know what it drives like.  also has anyone modded one of these??

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
ive just recently bought one about a month or so ago and i have to tell you its been fantastic . its proper quick and from very low revs too loads of traction and grip from the 4wd system , the noise of the v6 growling is superb also makes you want to puit your foot down all the time. my one only negative is the fuel consumption is pretty poor even when you do drive like an angel but at this moment in time when the prices seem to be dropping on the mk iv its an absolute bargain

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds very good the only thing that will put me off is the fuel consumption like you said...is yours interior leather??? because the one i looked at had normal interior, but on the vw website it says leather interior

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yeah mate mines got heated black leather sports seats very smart and comfy , i would say this mind you if you do get one dont have 19" wheels as mine has and the ride is crap very bumpy ive actually found myself avoiding certain roads im already thinkin of 18s with a bit of lowering other than that ive been delighted with the car

·
Registered
352 Posts
ive just recently bought one about a month or so ago and i have to tell you its been fantastic . its proper quick and from very low revs too loads of traction and grip from the 4wd system , the noise of the v6 growling is superb also makes you want to puit your foot down all the time. my one only negative is the fuel consumption is pretty poor even when you do drive like an angel but at this moment in time when the prices seem to be dropping on the mk iv its an absolute bargain
I'd second all of that!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah mate mines got heated black leather sports seats very smart and comfy , i would say this mind you if you do get one dont have 19" wheels as mine has and the ride is crap very bumpy ive actually found myself avoiding certain roads im already thinkin of 18s with a bit of lowering other than that ive been delighted with the car
does anyone know if the 2.8 v6 4motion is leather seats as standard??

·
Registered
437 Posts
Leather wasn't standard.

There are 2 types, leather sports seats or recaros.

The recaros were a ?2k option when new and are more sought after. The
seats (including rear one) will have 'Recaro' stamped onto the backs.

Mine is for sale if you're interested in an unmolsted black 3dr with black leather.

I've a diesel company car coming very soon so price is negotiable.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/72482.htm

Will be going in Autotrader this week.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
well i have a full spec 4motion leather seats heated and all that ,

its been modded a bit ie carbonio induction kit , miltek cat back exhaust , revo re-map, rims 19's , H&R ARB'S and a few other bits and pieces

but like the others say it can be high cost on running , i get just over 300 miles on a tank and thats averaging 80 odd on the motorway ,

around town it does about 18 -21 mpg and motor way 25 ish to 28 if im lucky

but i didnt buy it for fuel economy ....[;)]

I realy enjoy driving my car and it handles realy well , and the 4x4 makes it even better for cornering

and doesnt have much problem keeping up with the others on the road

its a little heavy compaired to the 1.8T & a 1.8T is cheaper to mod if ya after the faster factor

me personaly if i was looking to by a car again it would prob be a V6 4Mo .....[:D]

at the end of the day its what ya have to spend on a car and insure it is what counts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i have a full spec 4motion leather seats heated and all that ,

its been modded a bit ie carbonio induction kit , miltek cat back exhaust , revo re-map, rims 19's , H&R ARB'S and a few other bits and pieces

but like the others say it can be high cost on running , i get just over 300 miles on a tank and thats averaging 80 odd on the motorway ,

around town it does about 18 -21 mpg and motor way 25 ish to 28 if im lucky

but i didnt buy it for fuel economy ....[;)]

I realy enjoy driving my car and it handles realy well , and the 4x4 makes it even better for cornering

and doesnt have much problem keeping up with the others on the road

its a little heavy compaired to the 1.8T & a 1.8T is cheaper to mod if ya after the faster factor

me personaly if i was looking to by a car again it would prob be a V6 4Mo .....[:D]

at the end of the day its what ya have to spend on a car and insure it is what counts

everyone says its great to drive just the fuel factor which is going to sting me...im just wondering if i made the right decision to go for it rather then the 1.8 t?..i managed to get insured for ?1600 , im 20 with 0 ncb so thought this werent to bad..my current insurer norwich union wouldnt touch me because im under 25

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Bought my whole car with leather recaros.... when it was new the heated leather recoros where a ?2300 option... that is why they aint that common

to buy them used you are looking at between ?750 and ?1000 for front rear and door cards.. not bad if you have leathers already as you could get 300-400 for them

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bought my whole car with leather recaros.... when it was new the heated leather recoros where a ?2300 option... that is why they aint that common to buy them used you are looking at between ?750 and ?1000 for front rear and door cards.. not bad if you have leathers already as you could get 300-400 for them
mines the fabric material...in a few more months will look at getting leathers...at least it will be a lot better then my current mk 3.5 as people like to call it lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts