Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you are from the isle of man or know anyone from the isle of man can you post up here please and let me know.

ill explain why if anyone replys.

thanks

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Andy,

I shared a house whilst at uni with a guy from the Isle. He was pretty active in the cycling scene there.

I've not kept in touch and haven't seen him in six years so I don't know how much use I'll be to you ??

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Lol... let me guess... because he has one photo of the seats... and the price is just so good, you want to see them before handing cash over??? [;)]

I was seriously considering going over a few days ago... in fact Im still playing with the idea... but its just too dodgy! You dont get anything for nothing! I mean, why so cheap? And why refuse to take more photographs?? Since I said I would want to pick them up to see them first rather than handing over cash to someone I dont know, and hoping they'll be delivered; his emails have suddenly gone quiet...?

I mean it may be a genuine guy who is just an ebay newbie, and hasnt got a clue about what they're worth, and just wants to get rid... but in the real world? Im just not too sure... I mean next week if 'student missing after Isle of Man trip' is the headline news, you guys have the missing piece to the puzzle [;)]

To anyone else reading this, they still haven't got a clue as to what we're talking about... lol [:)]

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
LOL it is the same guy and the same reasons we are all wondering.

So this makes 4 of us he is offering these seats to? (three guys on here and the one that won the abay auction) He is awaiting my payment as we speak, but like you guys i am uneasy about sending that amount of money for something in a blurry picture.

He has given me his address though, so maybe he is genuine and from his ebay auction, he did have another interior for sale, Ford RS if i remember correctly.

I'm still not fully convinced, maybe we should all go over and see him and have mini auction of our own!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yeah, and anyone who does send that amount of money, either has very big cajunas, or so much money they dont care about it!!! [:)]

If I was going to go for it, I'd spend the extra getting a ferry ticket, there and back in a day, (?86 + petrol) and ask him to knock off the postage cost because that must be at least ?50???

Being honest with it coming up to christmas, I dont think I could actually afford these, even though they are such a bargain, especially in the condition he claims!!! [:(]

Out of interest, what price has he offered the set to you for? He wanted ?750 incl. P&P for me... But the price was negotiable!!! Thats just too cheap... If someone does go for them, then best of luck anyways!!! [:)] Let us know how you get on!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha ha I know why you're both interested... does the name 'Aaron01van' ring a bell??? [;)]
yes it does hahaha

we are all scared about the same thing then....

out of interested what condition did he say to you, 8.5/10 to me

i have asked him sooooooooo many questions its pee'd him right off me thinks!!!

but i managed to knock him down to 550? [:p] hehe

he hasnt mentioned postage to me.

maybe they are nicked, as everytime i ask him where did he get them from he neeeeeeeeever askers that question hmmmmmmm

and yes i do have his address , but still not sure it all checks out.

could be genuine, but on a scale of 1 - 10 i think after reading this (4people hes offered them to) then i would say its about 3.

ill ask him if i need to decide quick ie does he have any other interest [:p]

Andy

ps i said can i come see the seats, he said "be my guest"

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i emailed him a few days ago saying:

"but i am a bit concerned to just transfer you ?550 as i have no garuntee that i will get the stuff.

i dont mean to make you sound as if you are not trustworthy. just it is a lot of money with no garuntee."

his reply was:

"
Hi again

here is my name and address ,do you think that i want to spend the christams in jail for your money?i have to go in order to pick up the money with a valid id ,with my face on it ,with my address on it ...
i don't want.so if you wish to send the money go ahead and send it.if you don't i must say sorry

Aaro.......

Cheers"

his answer and english sometimes make me think that he is either not british, or very dumb [*-)]

couldnt write is whole address for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i had him at ?700 delivered.

I might email him and say that i know he has offered them for ?550 and ask could i come over and collect for ?650.

I'll get back to you with the results...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had him at ?700 delivered. I might email him and say that i know he has offered them for ?550 and ask could i come over and collect for ?650. I'll get back to you with the results...
well i asked him the following:

"

sorry to still be thinking, do i need to make my mind up quickly, in other words is anyone else interested in these seats?

can you get me another pic off you phone or something?

thank you"

he replied:

"

Hi again

I have no other interested in these seats.
it is your decision

cheers

Aaron "

now we KNOW he IS lying

KEEP YOUR MONEY FIRMLY IN YOUR POCKETS GUYS!!!!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
got a reply, seems like he is getting desperate![:D]

"hi again

i can let the price as 650 but i will still like to use money
gram.you will have to pay the 50 quids fees ,but this 50 is less then
the 150 that you will have to spend if you wish to come here.

also i need the money next week so i can't wait till 12th.so if
you wish you can send me the money and i send you the interior,or you
can buy from the guys for vw

cheers

Aaron " So this is yet more confirmation for me to avoid this deal like the plague. Is it ironic that i was listening to "Franz Ferdinand - Walk away" a few minutes ago, LOL

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
That's basically what i asked, and got the reply above, telling me i would be silly to collect when postage is cheaper.

Just have to keep looking

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yep thats unfortunate!!! He told me the seats where in absolute perfect condition as they'd come out of his own car!!! LOL! Boy am I glad Im on this website, could have lost a shed load of cash!!!

Jus proves the old fact, you dont get anything for nothing! (Well, in 99.999% of cases anyways... Jus got to keep hunting for that 0.001% eh [;)] (Will we never learn??))

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
That's basically what i asked, and got the reply above, telling me i would be silly to collect when postage is cheaper.

Just have to keep looking
Say you get free fuel from your company so it'd be cheaper for you to collect

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i think we have enough info now to know what this guy is about, be it intentional or unintentional.

I for one will be keepin my money for little while longer

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i been using my ultimate in depth detective skills [:p]

have a look at the pic of the 2 front seats he sent you.

now it would appear that the seat on the right of the pic is more worn, ie sat in more, as the leather is more loose. but that would suggest that they were in a LHD car. and if you look very carefully, the socket on the wall to the top right hand side of the seat on the right of the pic looks like a european style socket. so me thinks he has stolen a pic front the net, which may have well been from a forign website.

ooooooooooo, i feel good [:p]

yes, you can all laugh at me now hehe

Andy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts