Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fitted a aftermarklet double DIN stereo?

Does everything fit OK? any pics / costs etc

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
the only problem I had was getting the headunit to go all the way back and click into place, other than that it all fitted perfectly...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
just a bog standard 1gb memstick from www.mymemory.com, it came with an extension cable so you don't have to plug it directly to the socket on the h/unit

only cost me ?180 as well [;)]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
LOL

it only saps power and who the hell need air-con in wales! lol

if you look out of my window all you can see is bloody RAIN!!!!

for the latt week same s+++

plus it was a cheep car and when we git it we wanted both AIR-CON and SUNROOF so i got this one and wanted to fit aircon later

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
There are a few backgrounds to chose from

but as this is an older model (2004) they might of added a few more to the DDX 6029 or newer

that one in the picture is SNOW flakes [:p]

The DVD screen quality is awsome on this thin and even with standars speakers it can sound the biz

but i had them done all at the same time LOL just to get a real kick in the ass [;)]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
The pictur on the link is just for show or a DVD

you only get the backgrounds that are on the unit and you cant down load any to it sad to say

·
Registered
228 Posts
the kenwood one i have been looking at but i am not sure of it at the minute, whats it like mate any good, also have you got any pics of it at night time??

cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
I used to have that kenwood in my bora loved it. Matches the dash so well and is great to use only reason i have changed is doing a different install. Fitted one of the newer ones in the other day to a passat and must say that they are just as good have a few more features on them but still a great match for that oem look. Added bonus is that the new kenwood satnavs are tiny and can be updated by sdcard then you have full touch screen satnav to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts