Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you on here ever been tricked into using a scratch repair pen? lol. Ive given it a thought but don't think i'll bother, sounds to good to be true. Any opinions?

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
helps a little but maybe i didnt use it right. i just rushed in and got it done as quick as i could. might get better results if You spend a bit of time on it and polish it properly after.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I got a scratch repair paste, similar to a pen :) its basically just clear coat that fills in the scratch for short term, quick easy fix but not that good

·
Registered
381 Posts
I used a halford scratch kit, it has a syringe like nib and brush which was handy. Colour match was perfect. I did over fill it and 2500 wet and and dry it down the clear coat and wet and dry. Followed by cutting compound the polish. Had a nasty key looking scratch. A couple of stone chips and some nasty scratches on the roof from previous owner. All came out very nice.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I believe they do, although they are written on the back so probably not in great deatil. Maybe check the website or pop in if you have one local. The set comes with 3 pens, a white primer, the paint code colour and a clear laquer. The set also comes with a fiberglass stick and a small foam abrasive. Make sure your set has the last two or take them from another as I remember at my store half the sets had bits missing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.