Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to stop throwing cash at my car! Just when you think all is done, its not! Far from it! Last week ive bought: a PD150 FMIC, put my name down on the SC.net neuspeed ARB group buy, bought cruise control, bought a 12" sub, and today im dropping the golf off at the bodyshop for more custom work, which will make me be without my Golf for 3/4 days!! Please tell me its not just me! I want to hear from fellow dub addicts! [:$]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I broke the thread [:(]

Only wanted to delete my own thread and it removed the whole blimmin'
lot. We think it might be another bug, not my fault honest [:$]

Sorry

·
Registered
406 Posts
I hear ya man.... Only had my Gti 2 months now and am thinking about
mods far too much - got 17" OZ's and ordered FK Coilovers from Awesome
Gti last week. Last thing i think about before I go to bed and first
thing when I wake up .... I'm not only worrying my girlfriend, but I'm
worrying myself !!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yep i must have spent between ?2500 and ?3000 in the last month alone on my car.

The worst bit is that it could be more then that, i just don't have the guts to count it up and see[:'(]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Hell yeah.. I was gonna have a break this month and next before I buy my coilovers, but i've already sort of mentally committed myself to some tints at the end of this month ! def. NOTHING in july ! At all.. I think. [:|][:S][:D]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Between this car and the last ive spent over ?7000 on mods. [:|]

Time to stop and spent it on more pressing things [:(][Y]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Join the club everyone I have spent far to much on any Golf I have had the list just seems to get longer no sooner had I said no more after wheels, Sat-Nav and Bodykit I then start thinking "wonder how it would look with a R32 kit, might just have to stop visiting this site as it tempting me to much and taking up to much  precious free time

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yep, this month and last has been the most expensive! i'm just lucky to have contacts in the right places - spraying and fitting wise [;)]

?200 for my black diamond brakes and pads, ?400 for fk highsports and spacers, ?150 for new tyres, ?220 for new exhaust and valance, still want a caractere front grille but can't afford it and still have to get the ali trim and now want a new headunit!

i even stayed in last friday and am staying in this saturday aswell as working shedloads of overtime and saturday mornings! damn cars [:D]

edit: and now rfsteel has put a feeler up for a GB on dieselgeek shifters [:mad:][:D]

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know what you mean, my first MK4 had 4k chucked at it then i sold that and bought my S3 and that had about 4k on it the wheels olone costing over 2k with tyres, luckily since then things have calmed down a bit and i am trying to keep my head, although my R32 is up for sale and the Audi A4 i have bought is crying out for some 19's.

Help please

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I cant seem to stop throwing cash at my car! Just when you think all is done, its not! Far from it! Last week ive bought: a PD150 FMIC,
have you noticed any difference with the FMIC?
not got it fitted yet mate. need to source some decent hoses for it too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts