Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Satnam thats a smart clean job there..!!

I think I know Sonny, ill give him a PM straight away

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
224 Posts
I tinted my old 1.6 golf about 2 years ago myself and didn't have any probs - best to have a friend as a third hand or forth is useful. All i can say is slow and steady and plenty of soapy water plus don't do it out side or in a drafty place - just follow the instuctions, if you do it right the get the result as above!!! and save some pennies.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thats what the tinter boys charged me too, when I looked into the price and also the quality of film available from Halfauds and the like i thought ?150 was fair and resoanble, especially as the guys Guarntee their work for the life that you own the car. now I reckon that is a Damn good deal, and the quality of work they put out is 110%! highly recommend them!

Steveo

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Thats what the tinter boys charged me too, when I looked into the price and also the quality of film available from Halfauds and the like i thought ?150 was fair and resoanble, especially as the guys Guarntee their work for the life that you own the car. now I reckon that is a Damn good deal, and the quality of work they put out is 110%! highly recommend them!

Steveo
where in wales you from, would like to c ur tints :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
tinting a car could either go alright or all wrong!! main things you have to worry about is making sure the window is completly clean and dont be afraid of using too much soapy water. just watch out for the quality and the % of the tint as the police are cracking down on it (over here they are anyway). also you wont be able to put down your windows for 3 days until the tint has completly dried out.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Having sopken to loads of different people on this, the general consesus is that its a hell of a lot easier to take the windows out. bit of a pig though as I have a Passat estate!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having sopken to loads of different people on this, the general consesus is that its a hell of a lot easier to take the windows out. bit of a pig though as I have a Passat estate!!
i was told that too

and to put the windows in the bath full of soapy water, lay the film on and squeegy the air out. all while under water

never tried it tho [:cool:]

·
Registered
488 Posts
Get 'Tinter' to do your car mate. its not worth the greif doing it yourself, also the film that Tinter uses is far better quaility than the stuff you can buy from Halfrauds.

I promise you won't be dissapointed, it takes him about 2 hours to do from start to finish, when he did mine I grabbed myself a full english breakfast and a couple of expresso's and hey ho job done, (very happy bunny)[:D]

Dave

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Get 'Tinter' to do your car mate. its not worth the greif doing it yourself, also the film that Tinter uses is far better quaility than the stuff you can buy from Halfrauds.

I promise you won't be dissapointed, it takes him about 2 hours to do from start to finish, when he did mine I grabbed myself a full english breakfast and a couple of expresso's and hey ho job done, (very happy bunny)[:D]

Dave
Is he mobile or do you have to travel to his premises. ?150 doesn`t seem cheap if I have to make a 5 hour round trip to get the windows tinted.

Many thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts