Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw them on ebay, i thinking bout buying the 18" RS GT's for my black golf mk4 from them for 650 pounds with premium brand tyres. which colour you lot reckon would look good?!

HYPER ANTHRACITE

Posted Image

or

Hyper Silver

Posted Image

or

Hyper Black

Posted Image

I was gunna go for some RS4's but i think their too common so not gunna bother now :)

If anyones got any pics of a golf with the RS GT's plz post up

Thanks [8)]

·
Registered
159 Posts
good job they are cheap cos your gunna need some BBBBBIIIIIIIGGGGGG brakes behind them.

as for colour i think more or less any colour on black or silver cars.

coloured cars need more careful wheel choice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by borabandit on 12/01/2005 20:59:14

good job they are cheap cos your gunna need some BBBBBIIIIIIIGGGGGG brakes behind them.

what do you mean by that m8? [:O]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep its standard height im not going to lower the car because im only keeping the car for a couple years then going to get something faster, maybe a GTI, im going to ask him about an upgrade now :eek:)

Thanks tinter let us know wen you have sorted tho's pics out :eek:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
A couple of weeks ago my mate was after a cheap set of new wheels for his Corrado and saw a set of 17" Alloys for sale on ebay from the same people, Midland Wheels. I bought them for him using my PayPal account and he gave me the money. It was ?165 inc p+p for the set of 4 brand new without tyres. During paying for them using paypal, Paypal crashed and i had to start the payment process again. To my horror, i discovered a day later that BOTH payments of ?165 had gone through to Midland Wheels, so i contacted paypal and they said if I wanted paypal to refund me It would need investigating and could take up to 30 days, so they recommended that i talk to Midland directly to get refunded the excess payment as this would take them about 30 seconds to do at no cost to anyone. I emailed Midland Wheels, got my email ignored. I phoned them twice and got some really grumpy and unhelpful brummy bloke who said they "couldnt" refund me and i would have to get paypal to do it, which is complete rubbish. It has been 10 days now and they are ignoring my emails for a refund and I keep getting fobbed off with sheer rudeness and lies on the phone , when calling about my refund. they are almost refusing to refund me for this genuine error which was no-ones fault.

The wheels did turn up after 2 weeks and the quality is what you would expect for ?165 for a new set of 17"s - half decent-ish.

You get what you pay for, but as far as customer service goes these guys really dont seem to give a flying **** and are hopeing that I will forget about the ?165 that they owe me.

Awfull. you have been warned!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tinter they look phat m8! i think ill bet getting some at the end of the month for def!

Tim B thanks for the warning m8, ill be paying buy card so i think ill be covered?! Has anyone else had any probs with em?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by golf414 on 13/01/2005 18:10:42

tinter they look phat m8! i think ill bet getting some at the end of the month for def!

Tim B thanks for the warning m8, ill be paying buy card so i think ill be covered?! Has anyone else had any probs with em?

Tinter has you car been lowered at all?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think if paying by card you should be covered ok.

I appreciate that not everyone will have a problem with certain companies, its just that I feel that their treatment of me is appalling and so i just thought I would warn others.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i went down to midland wheels and chose my own set to be honest its the best bet

mines been dropped 45mm in shocks and spring id still squeeze 18's / 19's on might be a set in the pipe line i hope

1 - 20 of 20 Posts