Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been paying roughly ?1500 a year for my Insurance on my 2.0l GTi. Anyway, im sure I saw some people on here that were my age or even younger and they had faster cars than me. Just wondering how thats possible as there are very few companies that wil insure me on the 2.0l.

Ive got 3 years ncb this year so im hoping the cost is gonna go down a hell of alot. Going to be doing some online quotes tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Bex give greenlight a call they save me a few hundred quid and i do mean a few hundred ..............[:D]

Phone number .........01277 263030 ask for neil and hes a member of the forum aswell

·
Registered
471 Posts
Been paying roughly ?1500 a year for my Insurance on my 2.0l GTi. Anyway, im sure I saw some people on here that were my age or even younger and they had faster cars than me. Just wondering how thats possible as there are very few companies that wil insure me on the 2.0l.

Ive got 3 years ncb this year so im hoping the cost is gonna go down a hell of alot. Going to be doing some online quotes tomorrow.
im only 20 and have a mark4 2.0L cabriolet (group 14)...i have no claims and my insurace is only ?1300 im with norwich union but went through autotrader insurance search

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'm 22 but a bloke so i get higher premiums than you i think [;)] but
i'm paying ?600 fully comp on my V5! Thats with Adrian flux. No
accidents or claims, 3 points for 40 in a 30 and mods declared!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well im with admiral paying 1400 with my car being lowered with diff wheels and tinted windows. Turning 21 this week but renewal aint until august D'oh!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sh1t mine is ?1500 with Norwich Union - NO MODS DECLARED!!!! Most companies wont even insure me, Norwich Union said that they have put the 2.0l GTi in the same group as the 1.8T (how the hell?! and why the hell?! mine is a bloody snail compared to the 1.8T)

Did a quick quote on Elephant just now and it was ?800......woooooooohhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooo.

I'm 21 in October and my renewal is due in June and I will have 3 years NCB then and will have been driving on a Full License for 2 years and 5 months.

Was really wanting to get a quicker car, not sure what to do for the best now.

I'll try the Company you suggested Jason and Adrian Flux - someone in work recommened them.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Bex thats mad, I insured my 1.8T when i was 19 wth 2yrs ncb thru elephant and had it been standard it would've cost me ?600.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well im with admiral paying 1400 with my car being lowered with diff wheels and tinted windows. Turning 21 this week but renewal aint until august D'oh!!!
As soon as i told admiral i have tinted windows the cancelled my policy. Had to pay ?600 more for an insurer that would cover tints. :-( I'm 20 and currently paying ?1100 on a 1.4 mk4.

·
Registered
729 Posts
As soon as i told admiral i have tinted windows the cancelled my policy. Had to pay ?600 more for an insurer that would cover tints. :-( I'm 20 and currently paying ?1100 on a 1.4 mk4.
Thats a joke just shows how much they rip young drivers off!

·
Registered
729 Posts
im just 18 n have a gti t. insruance with admiral is ?1800 which i think aint too bad for me - with a years no claims
The word lucky and Bar steward come to mind no offence meant by the way!

Guess it comes down to crime area etc aswell!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive just turned 21, and my insurance on a MKV GTI is ?1050 with Direct line - wont insure me with any mods, although we have other cars insured with direct line, probs the reason for the price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
consider yourselves all lucky. i was 20 on a 1.4 mk4 golf and payin ?4000 insurance, insurance is mental over here in ireland

·
Registered
38 Posts
For young drivers add a parent to your policy as a named driver. Even if they will never drive it it brings down the quote for some reason. My insurance on my 2.0 gti with mods declared through bell would be ?950. When i added my mum even though she has 3 points for speeding went down to ?800. Spose it shows someone responsible might be driving the car!!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Greenlight don't do under 21s
And they don't cover the north west.. (Liverpool/Manchester ish) - you may be lucky if your north wales though, so may get away with it. It may just be your specific postcode that is effecting it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts