Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been offered a V3 black or a Nokia 6260 for a free upgrade on 02.....

Has anybody got these phones or can you recommend something good ?

Rang up the upgrade phone line and they are just useless.... [:D]

Cheers

D.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Have you tried threatening your current service provider to give you a reasonable upgrade deal (cheaper rental, more inclusive minutes and txtx and a brand new phone of your choice plus accessories) or else you would leave them and take your business elsewhere?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried threatening your current service
provider to give you a reasonable upgrade deal (cheaper rental, more
inclusive minutes and txtx and a brand new phone of your choice plus
accessories) or else you would leave them and take your business
elsewhere?
Cheers....

They are offering the V3 with 12 months half rental and double texts/minutes for 3 months

or

Nokia 6260 with 3 months half rental and double texts/minutes.

I'm going from an XDA2 as it's to big to carry round, but would like to keep all the functions of a pocket PC....

·
Registered
895 Posts
Incidentally, I have just threatened the helpless 02 operator at the other end about upgrading my phone. I'm currently on the ?25 a month 02 Leisure (500 XN minutes off peak), Nokia 6230 and here is what they came up with:

Samsung D500 for free, (?12.50) half price line rental for 12 months based on current tarriff and 12 month contract period, double inclusive airtime minutes and messages for 12 months, not bad just by asking hey?

Now, does this offer sound reasonable? Also how does the D500 (this one is probably for RaybanUK) compared to :

Motorola Razor V3, Sony-Ericsson K750i and Nokia 6230i???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The samsung D500 is a bag of s*&# mate, it's been slated on here b4.....

Not a bad deal though, I currently pay ?25 a month for 200 minutes anytime any network with 100 texts....

Like the look of the Nokia 6260, but the V3 just seems more trick... [:D]

I really like the Nokia 9500, but don't see why I should have to pay for it [:(]

·
Registered
942 Posts
I've just bought the Nokia 6680, and it's not a bad phone at all. Just
taking some getting used to as I've had SE for the last few years. The
only thing I would change is the size of the phone, but the large
screen is much nicer to have.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Bit of update, just ordered the V3 from the 02 customer loyalty team people and it should be with me tomorrow, can't wait! Got ?12.50 line rental for 12 months (500Xnet off-peak mins) and free double offer for 3 months, phone is free and I guess this isn't a bad offer afterall...shame he couldn't give me the free ?20 accessory pack though...[:S]

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had my V3 razr with o2 for a couple of weeks now and I Can't fault it. Its soooo thin, perfect in your pocket. Also really easy to use and has a really good feel to it. I've always had nokias but this feels liek a better quality phone.

A friend of mine has got one too and its her third tho, she's had problems with it crashing a lot... I've had no problems tho so fingers crossed! [:D]

·
Registered
895 Posts
So they give you a USB charger lead as well as a standard AC one? How do you find the battery life (does it live up to manufacturer's claims)? I must say this is my very first Motorla but have been impressed with the design/features/good look in general.

·
Registered
586 Posts
hahahah SmallBoy, just read your post and my name being mentioned. Just because Im Chinese, doesn't mean I will love the gadgetness of the D500 you know! [:p] Lots of my friends and my bro-in-law have the D500 but its not for me. Still sticking to my SPV C500 for the time being as it does everything I want.

Been looking at the K750i and its had good write ups but not too convinced of what I have seen of the 2MP camera. Still no where near as sharp as it should be considering the resolution. Seen better cam phones from Sharp.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yeah, I know you're really into your phones and that's why I asked....anyway ordered the V3 now for its sleek look. My uncle has the D500 and it's a little bit bulky to my taste. Also considered the K750i but I try not to buy/support any Sony products for personal reason...[:S]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered the V3 in the end as 02 don't do the SPV's [:(]

If it's no good then it's either going back or going on ebay for ?100 and I'll keep the XDA2 for another year.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So they give you a USB charger lead as well as a standard AC one?
Yup, they sure do. You also get a pretty nifty package called mobile phone tools for syncronising calendars etc and a really user friendly multimedia transfer package, can manage ur pics raelly easily. [:D]

The battery I've found isn't as good as my old Nokia 6600 but it is more than fine because I just stick it on charge during the day at work thro my computer so I don't really notice it getting low.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts