Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it says above, i am looking at fitting this shortly but i would like to know what the ride qualities like.

I have 18" wheels on the car, i had the fixed ride on my bora and in all i found very good but a bit bumpy at low speeds, the car will not be silly low as it is a family car karting 2x kids around etc....

I am grateful for your advice.

Steve

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I'm running v2's aswell and would offer you a drive but it's fubared at the mo
Hey mate, what's the quality like with this kit?

I am looking to purchase a KW Variant 1 or 2 for the Skoda and I wouldn't mind your opinions if possible?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'd also like a set of KW 2's when funds allow so i'll be watching replies to this with interest! [:)]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I was gonna get a set of V2's for my Anni....did lots of reseearch at the time and not read a bad word about them.

I've put my plans on hold for a while now though, well at least until i've bought a house early next year [:^)]

?650 is cheap for V2's - where you getting them from?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
the quality is very good, the stainelss bodies definitely help keep the threads clean for adjustments. damping is good on everyday use mine are st at half a nd give good firm road holding not too stiff that it jars you though. Need to get it on a track to fully test them. I can't really compare to others then as I've only been in standard cars.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I think they'll be V1's for ?650.

just a sidenote I read on Vortex the other day V1's use the same dampers as FK Highsports (they are some make I've never heard of) - whilst the V2's / Konigsports use Koni dampers. Just a bit of useless info... :eek:D

but I spose for the FK Highsport Silverline and KW V1 Inox Line there is about ?150 difference in price??! Still undecided ... twiddles thumbs.. hmm

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I have variant 2 on mine and love em.The ride is great and it corners
very well.only bumpy on very uneven roads, and is fine on speed humps
too.

I also have Eibach front and rear arbs which really tighten things up further.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant decide weither to buy v1 or v2, cost is not an issue as i can buy them at trade, as i have an account with them, i have heard that the v2 is a bit on the hard side and is more suited to more track day orientated cars.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Are you looking to buy soon or in a month or so? if it's the latter my
car should be up and running then and you can check them out if it helps

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I still can't decide which coilovers to eventually go for in the spring. KW V2's or FK konigsports, stainless or normal. I 'm sick of pondering the question but really wanna make the right choice !

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Mr 'Rama sir - if I were you I would buy the KW V2's in stainless if you can afford it. I have never heard a bad thing said about the KW coilovers.

Stainless is a must in this country with all the salt on the roads. For reference I used to have a mk3 VR with the Highsports (non stainless) fitted, and after a period of only 4-5 months these were not adjustable as the coils had corroded. My neighbour has a mk4 with non-stainless Highsports and he now has the same problems :eek:/

Because 'money's too tight to mention' (as that Ginge once sung lol) I'm having to get the Silverline Highsport I think as I can source them for a shade over ?440, but believe me if I had an extra ?200 I would have the KW's.

Hope that helps you!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Good link Mo! My Highsports went just like the left hand column of pictures on there. Think about it this way too, 418 hrs is not really that long a time when you consider keeping the car for a few years.

It's clear to see that stainless bodied suspension is the way to go!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts