Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right iv got standard ride hight ,& monty 2 alloys

wanting to fit spacers on the back ,every one seems to stick to 20mm ,which i can see that they will fit/look fine ,but im wanting it to have that fat arse look

so question is does fitting spacers make the wheels lean in towards the top ?

( seen golfs with wide wheels going along the road and the wheels tend to lean in towards the car)

if it does i can get away with running 25mm each side

if not i think any more than 20mm will look crap ,cos it would look like the back axle is to wide for the car ,

any idears...................thanks mattty[:)]

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
the lean is camber, infact its negitive camber, sadly to get this you need to lower the car,

i have 25mm spacers on mine, but i also run 9.5" wheels

·
Registered
136 Posts
You'll never pull of a decent stance on 16 inch wheels to be honest mate. You wont be able to go low enough. For the fat ar$e look you want some nice wide wheels. 8j minimum.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yep i agree you gotta fill those huge arches !! im running 5 mm all round on non hubscentric foe now just to clear the coilovers. but im looking to put 15mm on front and 20 at rear end hubscentric .

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
it would look odd at standard height basically. also looking at it from the rear it would look pretty poopty with the 6.5 j wheels. i had 8j wheel spaced out 20mm and always wished they were wider as it just looks like they are spaced.... not wide...

·
Northerner
935 Posts
I've got 8.5 inch rear wheels and lowered, but my rear wheels still look too narrow to me lol.

That's why i'm selling up and getting some steels banded instead [:D]

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts