1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As topic says, pics please on 18s if possible

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly

The mrs wants my santas on hers, so it's a crimbo pressent for both of us. I sold the idea to her in less than 10 seconds. What a top bird she is.

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Decision made then.

·
Registered
499 Posts
got some for sale.

17 inch.

1 rim needs replacing though.

4x tyres almost new.

yours for ?250 for the lot

any takers?

lol

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can always get them sprayed

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
My Mrs has em on her Rover BRM! A real real high quality wheel! The finish makes my BBS look like they were painted by a yts guy at halfooooolds!

Motorsport wheels uk (MSUK) were by far the cheapest a few months back when I looked around for em! BTW they have big stocks so may still have some anthracite ones in stock??

Enjoy em!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
As you probably know John (remember that headlight?[B)]), Ed had some 18's on his Golf - not black I know, but more pics on www.fastgolf.co.uk

He has BBS RC's now and I think he regrets changing. They are a lot heavier than the OZ's and don't look as good IMO (and I'm an Anni owner now!)

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi James. I've looked at lots of photos of eds car the last few days. I saw him recently and saw the RC's, which I like a lot, but still thought 'why did you change?'

I just wanted to see them on a black car.

Sad thing is, I'm buying them because they're light and should improve the handling and ultimate grip, which has become a little inadequate post IHI.

Plus my santas will make the mrs' dirty diesel handle in line with its performance (well nearly anyway)

The looks are a bit secondary. I just wanted to make sure that they looked 'quality' rather than 'boy racery'

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I reckon that rationale is bang-on - the unsprung weight difference will make a difference, and compensate for your big brake discs[:D].

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Forgot to say that changing to 18's means i can get some bigger brakes. Boy do I need them. They're fine one up, but carry pasangers and i'm screaming along with them.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Considered the ECS Stage 4? 355mm x 35mm and you can get rid of those wheel spacers which should help too;

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=1.8T&model=Golf%20IV&submodel=&category=Braking

Contact Richard @ JBR for supply details.

If you want to compare my Stage 2v2 (332mm) to your Brembo GT Juniors let me know and come and have a go. I've given them serious trackday abuse and they just come back for more. The lightweight heat-efficient tru-float discs play a big part.

Also you might want to look at their rear conversions (I have the Stage 1R 308mm vented too[:D])

1 - 20 of 37 Posts