Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
I was sorting one out for end of June, but cant get info from anyone on what has happened to the old freeport meet location in Braintree as that was really good. So without actually driving to braintree to find out im left guessing... info please.

GT 130

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Your not the bloke from round Sudbury way are ya mate? I spoke to a bloke the other nite whilst driving and i also see a bloke on a road legal quad alot.

GT 130

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not from sudbury mate.... live in a small village near colchester....

any news on the braintree meet??!!

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
sumone said on here that its changed now, i still havent been there for ages so dont know whats changed.... left guessing.

the last ones at freeport were in the overflow carpark and were always really good.

any info on it anyone, its no fun left guessing when your just trying to help the forum and organise meets.... its a co-operative effort dont forget.......

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
dont think it has changed that much

But what about doing this in a pub location with a beer garden , that way people can sit down and relax rather than just standing around cars in a car park ....

Just a sugestion thats all

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
dont think it has changed that much

But what about doing this in a pub location with a beer garden , that way people can sit down and relax rather than just standing around cars in a car park ....

Just a sugestion thats all
Ok does anyone fancy going back to te OWL in epping one Sunday

THE OWL
LIPPITS HILL
LOUGHTON
1G10 4AL

FRONT CAR PARK ON HILL

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I will put up a feeler before the weekend to see how much interest we get before making it official

The last one was a great day apart from the weather (it was in Nov)edit

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Yes all my previous suffolk meets have been at the Rushbrook Arms near bury so i totally agree.

I always try to get that sort of environment for them if poss, they are the best IMO.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Post now edited it snowed in Feb last year and rained in Nov

So shall we have one in the middle at somepoint whilst the weather is ok??[D]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i only went there once i think, i went to the first one there and it snowed then. i guess that muct have been november

i should be up for it if i can get my car cleaned and dash finished

1 - 20 of 23 Posts